Any fun workouts?! :)

Options
2»

Replies

• mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    run up to hard looking people n tell em they look like a right fairy and/or slap them then run through the city with them chasing you :)
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Zumba is awesome! Some other fun ones are the Just Dance games and Tae Bo.
  • winesar21
    Options
    Thank ya'll for the great ideas :) I am going to try and find some classes at the gym, and try zumba.
  • Laurabund
    Options
    Try finding a local Contra-Dance - Read an article today that someone put on a pedometer when contra-dancing and by the end of the evening had logged in 6 miles. If you don't know about contra-dancing just google it. You can find dances all over the country.
  • winesar21
    Options
    Try finding a local Contra-Dance - Read an article today that someone put on a pedometer when contra-dancing and by the end of the evening had logged in 6 miles. If you don't know about contra-dancing just google it. You can find dances all over the country.

Thank you I am going to check it out :)
  • SMARTI9701
    Options
    Definitely hiking! I am an outdoor lover. To be surrounded by nature while burning 3000+ calories for a decent 8 mile hike is bliss.
  • Carrie2boys
    Carrie2boys Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    KETTLEBELL...however...you MUST find an official RKC instructor for correct form and and overall body workout. ! hour feels like you've done every kind of arm, ab, thigh, glute, and ran many miles.....my new love!!
  • yulinerinwang
    yulinerinwang Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mixed martial arts. And Crossfit. Hardcore burn, and super fun!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv has some awesome workouts. Lots of variety. Fun depending on what you consider fun :lol: they are challenging though.
  • mloritz
    mloritz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I must agree with the turbojam/kick/fire junkie!!! I lost 50 pounds with turbojam and began loving to workout! I lost another 20 with turbofire!I have tried many other workouts, but the only ones that I LOVE doing are turbojam and turbofire!!
  • meghan_cr
    Options
    Bar Method (for pilates, ballet, strength) -- if you don't live near a studio, they have DVDs
    Nike Fitness Club app (for circuit training)
    YuFit.com (for on-demand/online fitness classes like balletone, kickboxing, strength and cardio classes)

Plus running and cycling outside!
  • Mountain biking! If you find the right trail, the views are incredibly breath taking.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    If your gym has Body Pump classes, do it! Super fun and an amazing workout!
  • leemarie324
    leemarie324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i am an insanity fanatic
  • sklala
    sklala Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA, Ditch the workout Join the party. They even have it for the Wii now. Such a fun and energetic class as long as you have the right instructor. All ages and abilities is what I love about it, we are all there to have fun no matter our shape or cardio level and I never feel like I need to compete with the others in the class.
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    do you go to a gym that has classes? I have been a member of a local YMCA for 3 years now, and had never been to a class until the last 2 weeks... I decided to go because I was becoming bored with the same old routine of going to the gym and needed a kick start... and I love it!! I've been to 3 different classes and have a great time at each class... I highly recommend it! The other women in the class are also very encouraging!
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I LOVED The Brazil Butt Lift!
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to boxing and kickboxing...total body and mind workout. not only do I lose weight and tone but I punch and kick a heavy bag to relieve stress.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells!!
  • winesar21
    Options
    do you go to a gym that has classes? I have been a member of a local YMCA for 3 years now, and had never been to a class until the last 2 weeks... I decided to go because I was becoming bored with the same old routine of going to the gym and needed a kick start... and I love it!! I've been to 3 different classes and have a great time at each class... I highly recommend it! The other women in the class are also very encouraging!

Going to try this, hopefully it'll mix up the workout and make it more fun!