Almost broke from keto...

Options
But I didn't!

At the office today, there were two lunch meetings which means tons of free food. Thai and Mexican food, lots of noodles and tortillas. And those are my two favorite types of food but I'm staying away from big carbs right now. I knew I had some keto-friendly snacks in the fridge, but with the smells of delicious carbs in the air (on top of bagels in the office this morning...), I knew I had to do something else. I ended up walking a few blocks over to Bobby's Burger Palace and ordering a salad. A burger salad. A big medium rare burger topped with cheddar cheese and avocado relish served on baby greens. Mmmmm so tasty. A little expensive and had to wait in line for awhile, but definitely worth it. I had to estimate, but it's about 6 net carbs (yay avocado fiber!) and that seems marvelous right now!

I haven't been eating keto for too long, but I highly suggest that if you are--find an emergency "splurge" place near home or work. Now whenever I get a carb craving, I'm going to say "eff it" and go get a burger. On a salad.

Replies