Is it possible?

Options
29 pounds in 41 days?

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    2lbs a week is good progress, so if you want that kind of weight loss, start thinking about which of your limbs you're least fond of.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Followed by a rubberbanding of that weight when it comes flying back on, I suppose so.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    29 pounds in 41 days?
    Yes, but surely not in a healthy way.

I could lose 30 lbs in one day by amputating my legs.

The key is HEALTHY weight loss.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    2lbs a week is good progress, so if you want that kind of weight loss, start thinking about which of your limbs you're least fond of.

wow, perfect response...Bravo!
  • joyofjosiahhannah0810
    Options
    Sure if you're going to starve yourself! Expect it to all come back and then some when you start eating again!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Possible? Yes. If you were 400-500lbs, it falls off fairly rapidly at first. It's somewhat possible doing it healthily, but really only if you have hundreds to lose.
  • mogadad
    mogadad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    1/2 a pound a day is totally possible with appropriate exercise and not eating the exercise calories back. Raspberries, blueberries, no fat cottage cheese, weight control oatmeal, English muffins and no fat cream cheese, no sugar popsicles and snack on black cherries. Eat a little every hour or so and no big meals

If you want it more than you want to listen to the voices in your head, you can do it
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    5 pounds a week - not that likely, though it will depend on your starting weight.
    Don't waste time wondering - make a plan and get started and see how you go, you can certainly make a significant difference in 6 weeks.
    Eat the cals that MFP recommends, do regular exercise and you'll be well on your way.
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    1/2 a pound a day is totally possible with appropriate exercise and not eating the exercise calories back. Raspberries, blueberries, no fat cottage cheese, weight control oatmeal, English muffins and no fat cream cheese, no sugar popsicles and snack on black cherries. Eat a little every hour or so and no big meals

If you want it more than you want to listen to the voices in your head, you can do it

This is really unhealthy unless a doctor has prescribed it to you...generally a super low-calorie diet isn't a good way to lose weight and keep it off.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options

This is really unhealthy unless a doctor has prescribed it to you...generally a super low-calorie diet isn't a good way to lose weight and keep it off.

It seems like it would take indefinite maintenance to keep it from rebounding as well. Not that being healthy doesn't, but losing that much so quickly and not having it come back... while it'd be amazing in the first week, keeping that way would be hell.
  • leneveu2
    leneveu2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well I have 26 pounds and 40 days or I lose my job. So here goes nothing. Eating no more than a 1000 cal a day and exercising. Other wise I will be having to find a new job.
  • pkdreilly
    Options
    I guess it would be worth getting an appointment with a dietician..

I really hope you manage to lose the weight in time. Guess it's going to be really tough, but tougher if you lose your job. Feel free to add me if you like. would love to see you make good progress even if in the first instance, you 'have' to do it the unhealthy way. Good luck.
  • annarosephotos
    annarosephotos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That seems totally unfair and unhealthy to to mention unrealistic of your workplace.
    Weight loss isn't all about losing huge amounts in short time-frames.

Do your best, but don't be disheartened if you don't reach the goal, weight loss is a lifestyle change for life, not just for 40 days.

Surely making an effort and losing a decent amount of weight that will be sustainable is more important to your health and employer.
  • tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What sort of job do you have? Not asking you to name your employer, just the nature of the work.
  • SKINNYMESOON2B
    SKINNYMESOON2B Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Sure. it is. its going to take hard work and dedication. you really should not eat less than 1200cals a day. Cardio and streghth training.
  • tennillewade
    tennillewade Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    its possible and it can be done. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are grossly overweight. Obese people tend to lose weight faste in the begining of their journey. If you aren't "obese" and by obese i'm thinking at least 100 lbs over your ideal weight its not likely that you body will lose that kind of weight in such a short time. Not healthfully anyway. thats just what i think.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    Didn't you know you were approaching the weight limit loooooong before it became a terminable problem?
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    I'm assuming he has some form of state or government job which has physical requirements that were told to him upon joining said organization. Unfortunately he wasn't able to maintain those now he has to go to extremes to retain his livelihood. Does it suck? Yes. Is it his fault? Yes. Gotta do what you gotta do to keep the money flowin' yo!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

Almost peed my pants.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Possible? Yes. If you were 400-500lbs, it falls off fairly rapidly at first.

This.

Otherwise, be happy with 5-10lbs a month.

And know you're making the right changes and progress.

If I had the right motivation ($$$) I could lose 50lbs in a month. I'd be a pretty fraily little alien-bodied human being afterwords though. But at least I'd be richer.