To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine.. and those who don'

Options
As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember: Water = Poop, Wine = Health

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of **** .

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service

Replies

• rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember: Water = Poop, Wine = Health

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of **** .

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service
  • maridale
    maridale Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you o wise one! :happy: I'm going to a winery today. Actually to help bottle (I'm a member of the Purple Finger Club) but I'm sure we will consume a glas or two before the day is done! :drinker:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Love the analogy I’ll have to pass it along to my brother-in-law who owns a bar. lol
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Rheston..you are too funny!:laugh:

Now I'm going to gag even more when I drink that water! They tested for prescription drugs in our Indianapolis water and found high levels of caffiene! So so yucky.....:noway:
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    This has made my weekend! I will be having a glass or two this weekend and will make a toast to you! :drinker:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    That is so hilarious. I am officially now I a drunk! lol j/k
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Haha, love it!! Perfect excuse :)
  • elatoria
    elatoria Posts: 30
    Options
    Love it! I usually have a glass or two per day, now I have an excuse! :) thanks for the chuckle!:laugh:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options

Now I'm going to gag even more when I drink that water! They tested for prescription drugs in our Indianapolis water and found high levels of caffiene! So so yucky.....:noway:

Ohh, maybe they could bottle it and sell it as energy water!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

Ohh, maybe they could bottle it and sell it as energy water!

:laugh: Great idea...the wheels are are spinning now!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    As a person who can't stand the taste of water anyway, I want to thank you for that visual insight on water. :sick: I only drink it , when I make my green tea and try not to think about it. But it's going to be even more harder now. I don't drink wine or any other alcohol beverages . Mostly due to my medications and don't like the taste of it either. :frown: So what other choices are there? If I am doing this for better health I need to find a better choice in my water.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    As a person who can't stand the taste of water anyway, I want to thank you for that visual insight on water. :sick: I only drink it , when I make my green tea and try not to think about it. But it's going to be even more harder now. I don't drink wine or any other alcohol beverages . Mostly due to my medications and don't like the taste of it either. :frown: So what other choices are there? If I am doing this for better health I need to find a better choice in my water.

Hey - tea's o.k. - you boil the water :laugh: Kills all the bact anyway . . . thanks for the laugh Rheston - and I won't even get on my "used to work in a water testing facility" soap box over it :laugh:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Cheers :drinker:

dd
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    That Ben Franklin was one wise fellow! He also said "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Apparently I will be very happy and free tonight as I am headed out soon to the brewpub.
    Cheers!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: