Puma Faas class - Virgin Active (UK)

Options
Has anyone done that new "Faas class" they're offering at Virgin Active yet?

It sounds really good- 30 mins cardio & 15 strength ?

Supposed to be based around Usain Bolt's training methods or something- wishful thinking eh

Replies

• Saftlad
    Saftlad Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    They've just brought that in at my local VA gym.

Looks interesting, supposed to be an all-over workout to improve co-ordination/strength/speed/balance. All in a 30 minute workout. Don't expect this to turn you into an olympic sprinter though.

My own opinion? It's just another opportunity to get the gym staff working with groups rather than 1-on-1 and reduce the gym's group-exercise bill. I'd rather go along and do a Pump or Step class, but that's just me :happy:
  • cerimariegillett
    cerimariegillett Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bit late but I got to the gym today after two days working away in London, pretty tired, no motivation.
    I faffed about for 30 minutes and decided to quit (bad I Know).
    The trainers were just going into a Faas class and I was a bit hesitant

I do pump, cardio box ect ect normally

This class kicked me right up the backside
    It is non stop.. reminds me a bit of the whole thirty day shred, insanity, bootcamp thing

Well worth a go..
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hmm doing it tomorro will report back- I need a kick up the backside tbh!
  • keiraev
    Options
    Well I did it- very intense! Feel like I worked harder than I do in a normal hours class- times like this I wish I had a HRM as I'm sure I burnt more than the 200 calories I logged :)
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Oooh sounds good. Am interested to try this though, always like to try new classes. When I go, hopefully this week, I'll wear a HRM so will feedback on what my calorie burn is.
  • daphnemoon
    Options
    Okay, here's an update - just got back from my first time at Puma Faas class and haven't quite recovered yet.

Blimey it is intense. Makes Body Attack seem like a walk in the park....

Anyway, I burned 375 cals in the 30 min class, which is pretty high for me so v. pleased with that.

Anybody else do it and think, I can't do any more, and then look at the clock and realise you've only done five minutes?!?!?!?
  • keiraev
    Options
    Okay, here's an update - just got back from my first time at Puma Faas class and haven't quite recovered yet.

Blimey it is intense. Makes Body Attack seem like a walk in the park....

Anyway, I burned 375 cals in the 30 min class, which is pretty high for me so v. pleased with that.

Anybody else do it and think, I can't do any more, and then look at the clock and realise you've only done five minutes?!?!?!?

375 that's awesome, how much do u weigh if u don't mind me asking??
  • daphnemoon
    Options
    Nope not at all - I'm currently at 146 pounds (sorry not sure of kilos!) I kept looking at my HRM and it was increasing so quickly, unlike any other class I do, it was almost a shame to stop. But I think 30 mins is probably quite enough :)

Are you going to carry on doing the Faas class? I can imagine that it will improve one's fitness pretty darn quick....
  • dizwod
    dizwod Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,

I have tried the Puma Faas a few times and can certainly feel the benefits. I also do Punch, body combat and recently started Boot camp down the gym.

Its really killer especially the boot camp, seems ive never used my arms before by the amount they ache
  • Sjbeek
    Sjbeek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do the Faas class too and love it...it certainly pushes me to extremes and I can hear my trainer's words echoing in my ears "you're only feeling sick because your metabolism is being activated" (lovely) and "this isn't Zumba you know"!!! I put down 300 calories but think it could easily be around 400-500 - a 30 minute kettlebell express session is meant to burn 500 so it must be comparable except for the 5 minute tennis ball wind down.