I'm not satisfied- I just want COOKIES and BREAD- NOW! Help

Options
13»

Replies

• FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Nestle fat-free hot cocoa mix (20 calories per serving) is a satisfying drink. The directions are 2 tablespoons of hot cocoa mix and add 6 oz of hot water, I use a mug and probably use 8 ounces of water and some skim milk and I find it helpful. I also make chocolate chip cookies with white whole wheat flour, oatmeal, 1/3 c. of chocolate bits (and other ingredients) and it makes 40 cookies that are 67 calories each and a good treat. I think you can bake your own cookies, just don't use those recipes loaded with calories, that will take care of the cookie carvings (please don't eat cookie dough if you have raw eggs in it because of possible salmonella in the raw eggs).
    Good luck with your program.fg
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Keep within your calories but eat foods you enjoy. I'm generally satisfied if I eat foods I enjoy but left craving foods to 'hit the spot' if I eat 'clean' but dull foods.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein, fewer carbs. Or save calories for the things you want.

I agree. On days where I eat more protein I feel full all day, with carbs i feel full and bloated for a while but a few hours down the line and I'm feeling hungry.

More protein, less carbs. good luck. x
  • patmc35
    patmc35 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Add protein to your salad. Tuna, white meat chicken, beans, edamame will all fill you up. Also eat between meals, healthly sancks like veggies or fruit. Good Luck
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Looks like you need more protein... think greek yogurt, eggs, chicken breast, lean pork, and cottage cheese. It will keep your hunger at bay.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I would eat the cookie. One small bite at a time savoring each one - it will satisfy your longing. Fully cutting out the things you really like is only going to want you to have them even more...
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I feel for ya....because I'm feeling the same way yesterday and today. So, I've hit the Kit Kats that I have for my kids!! Arghhhhhhhh...blahhhhhhhhhh!!!! I think hormones do it...and the full moon.................

Good luck!!!
  • Slo83
    Slo83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    "honey bunches of oats banana, string cheese, catalina dressing, two graham cracker sheets" These are all kind of sugary. Try eating less "hidden" sugar for a bit and like others have said, vegies and protein. Fruit is actually ok, but maybe skip the bananas for a while. Berries, and other fruit with more fiber may be better.

This is what has worked for me and I'm a total sugarholic! I've been known to eat a whole Key Lime pie in 2 days, or a 1 lb box of See's candy in one sitting, or a Pepperidge Farm Coconut Cake in one sitting! And there was no such thing as eating one cookie. I am also eating a very limited amount of whole grain carbs. I measure or weigh pretty much everything.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    You might want to start tracking your sugar if you aren't already. Like others have said, all of that sugar and refined carbs will make you crave more.
  • Sidonas
    Sidonas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Go exercise, then treat yourself to a slice of whole grain bread and some protein (peanut butter, meat, etc). A little does not hurt, just remember that those calories either have to be exercised off or they are replacing something healthier for you.
  • HoneyBrownSugar
    HoneyBrownSugar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'd like to know where you purchased the shirataki noodles ?
    I've heard of them but cant find them in the local grocery stores.
    Thanks in advance
  • bettymair
    Options
    Why don't you try some hot tea. It works for me. 0 calories and the constant sipping takes your mind of other foods. Try Green Tea...it's supposed to help burn fat too.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    If you're getting most of your protein from dairy and legumes (I don't know that you are just if), you need grains to form a whole protein. If you're getting it from meat and eggs, then you are getting whole proteins but if it's mostly dairy and legumes, it could lead to a craving of whole grains (with bread and baked goods being a common source of them). Don't ignore what your body is telling you. The fact that it's either bread or cookies means it's not just a sweet thing, your body likely wants the flour (whole grain, but still).