10-Day Reboot Your Life Challenge (Jan 25-Feb 3)

Options
getfitdiva
getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
I completed a 10-day juice fast January 4th-January 14th (The 14th was the last day!). I blogged on it (http://tinyurl.com/7ngj9nj) and it was mentally and physically one of the best challenges I completed. I also lost 6.6 lbs breaking a 5 month plateau, lost my bloated belly (inches), and gained a new appreciation for all the nutrients from veggies and fruit I was missing out during my daily eating routine.

I watched the documentary, "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead", a Joe Cross Film (http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com), via Netflix or Hulu. It has changed my life. I decided to watch this on my 3rd day of fasting which I heard was the most difficult!

I strategically choose these dates (Jan 25-Feb 3) right before SUPER BOWL!!! Also plenty of time to figure out your juicing method (Juicer/Ninja/Food Processor what have you) and to buy fresh veggies and fruit.

You should weigh yourself the morning of and take measurements. I weighed myself on day 1/day 6/day 11 (the end!).

Who's ready to Reboot Your Life?

Replies

• GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    diva, you are certainly an inspiration!!! my husband just watched that documentary & is talking about a juice fast, sooooooo... maybe i'll do it with him (& you, lol)!!! let me think about it some more :laugh: but bravo to you for sticking to it!!!!!
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I watched that a while ago and it got in inspired to try juicing but i never really did my full research on it! congrats to you!! Checking out the website now
  • pammiegirl1117
    pammiegirl1117 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow Diva, I was just thinking about doing this. I too saw that some film. Awesome job!!!
  • FabulouslyFitTam
    FabulouslyFitTam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the film but I've thought of doing this before. Sounds great!
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I've done this before with my husband. He watched this documentary with me and we bought our juicer from Bed Bath & Beyond. I lovemy juicer. I also notice when I do juice I feel a milion times better.
  • elleT80
    elleT80 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'D REALLY LIKE TO TRY THIS! I WATCHED THE DOCUMENTARY AND IT REALLY JUST HIT HOME FOR ME. I'M NERVOUS (AND A LITTLE SCARED) I WONT BE ABLE TO DO IT FOR THE ENTIRE 10 DAYS THOUGH. BUT I AM WILL ING TO TRY. I'M GONNA TALK TO HUBBY AND SEE IF HE WANTS TO DO IT TOO :)