Can someone please help?

Options
I need help my MFP Friends!
I've been having a lot of difficulty losing weight... in fact, I've managed only to lose about 10 in approximatly the last 2 years. I've weighed 140 for almost a year now. I tried the South Beach diet for the past two weeks, which invovles illiminating all breads, rice, cereals, pasta, all fruits, all sugars/sweets, carrots, corn, peas and potatoes. My diet has consisted of protein and veggies. I've managed to lose 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I reintoduce a slice of whole wheat tortia wrap into my diet and BOOM! Four pounds gained!! I'm back to square one! I'm really upset and don't know what to do. I eat healthy and I excercise. I don't know what gives! My food and excerise diary are viewable by MFP members. Care to give me your output?
Much appreciated!
Lexi

Replies

• ♥Lexi♥
    Options
    Nobody? :cry:
  • NilbyClark
    Options
    I dont really know what to tell you, but I felt sad for you that no one replied lol. Maybe ask your doctor?
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Sorry, your diary is not open for viewing
  • Butterfly3081
    Butterfly3081 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    add me...i'll be your buddy and see what i can do to help..
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I just tried to view your diaries and they're not available.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Can't help unless you make your diary public.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    If you open up your diary people can take a look and offer suggestions. But a tortilla does not contain 14000 calories and so is not the cause of a 4lb weight gain. Your weight gain is more than likely water.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Would you like feedback? Would you consider opening your diary?
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should consult your doctor. If you're dieting that hard and not losing there may be some food sensitivity going on. I wouldn't recommend trusting random advice from the forums here. There are too many unqualified "experts" posting advice here.
  • SMILLS2122
    Options
    Your best bet it to switch up your workout. Sometimes your body gets use to the work out that you do and doesn't burn as many calories. Try doing another type of cardio, and sometimes try and push your cardio work out, that is the key to loosing the weight. Count how many calories you are eating a day and try and burn that many calories at the gym. I learned that if I push myself at the gym more the weight comes off faster than giving up bread and such things. (i love my bread) Were all here for you keep up the great work!!!!

-s
  • jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Only thing I can think of is that your body may be trying to hold onto your weight. I think our bodies need a healthy mix of nutrients to include some carbs and things like that. For me personally, I am not cutting out anything, just eating in moderation and making sure to track everything. Have you been tracking what you eat? I tell you it makes a HUGE difference. I know that I tend to think I didn't eat much when in reality I am over my calories for the day. Don't give up. But I would try to track your calories. Maybe you aren't eating enough calories? I don't know your information so I am only making guesses. If that is the case, your body is going to gain back a few pounds until you get your metabolism stoked again. You could have slowed your metabolism down. Hope you figure it out.
  • rfagerness
    Options
    Dont give up! Your on the right path! Are you also incorporating exercise? The weight gain is most likely water. Carbs allow the body to retain water so don't fret too much! I sometimes observe a 5 pound fluctuation in 24-hours due to carb intake!
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    After not being able to lose an ounce, (for a while now) I've decided to quit being so pig headed and take the advice of a lot of peeps here on MFP and eat more. It's a hard concept for me to grasp but you may not be eating enough. Add me and I can at least cheer you on!
  • ♥Lexi♥
    Options
    Sorry everyone! Didn't realize my diary was on 'friends only." it's public now.
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I would suggest to follow the calorie guidelines on mfp. I tried low carb and you do lose alot of weight but like you said, once you start eating carbs again, you will gain weight. This low calorie has worked for me and so far i have done it without exercise.
  • mkautumnb
    Options
    I would switch up your excercise. Something new, like kick boxing or yoga, Your body gets used to a work out so you do not burn as many calories. Try reading the "kind diet" by Alicia Silverstein. I dropped from a 8 to a size 6 and it was life changing for me.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You probably don't wanna hear this, but how about eating your exercise calories? Give it a shot! :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Eat a balanced diet (i.e., more carbs than you've been eating) with a moderate calorie deficit.
  • awoodwaring
    awoodwaring Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Totally off topic, but we have a bunny that looks almost exactly like yours!!
  • ♥Lexi♥
    Options
    Totally off topic, but we have a bunny that looks almost exactly like yours!!
    LOL Aww... Aren't they adorable? :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!