hey baby mammas

Options

Replies

• kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i have 4 (3 boys 1 princess) ages 18 (19 on feb 27) was sixteen when i was 16 gained 80 lbs because i was lazy lol. lost all of it in 2 weeks. then i have a 14 yr old gained 45 lbs with him, took 8 weeks to lose it. my 10 (11 on feb 1) yr old i gained 60 lbs and went home in size 5 jeans lost it pretty quickly. then my lil princess is 7 it took 4 yrs to lose most of it then gained alot back and now trying to lose it again!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I have a perfect little girl that turned two on Halloween!!! I found out that I had gestational diabetes at 28 weeks, at that point I had gained about 17lbs. I went on the diet provided by my doctor and never gained another pound. I left the hospital weighing the same as I did when I got pregnant.

Love my Elise to pieces!!!
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have 4 children. My only boy will be 16 next week, my first daughter just turned 11 on the 3rd, then the next one is 8, and finally, my last one just turned 2 in Sept. (there are a few pics up on my profile -- course I gotta show off my lil inspirations! hehe)

My weight gain with them ranged from 7-15lbs. They were all healthy weights though...8lbs 2oz, 7lbs 11 oz, 7lbs 10oz, and 6lbs 12oz.

My weight gain comes on within the first - second year after. This last one's been the worst though. I started here on MFP at 206lbs (5 ft 3in). Even at my most pregnant, I have never weighed more then 180 before now.

It's been a good start, so hopefully I keep it going in the right direction!

Congrats to all the mommas who have lost the baby weight, and good luck to those who are buckling in to buckle up ;0)

13680624.png

Tracy
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I have two boys. I gained 65 pounds with the first one, got most of that off. Started off a little bigger with my second one five years later but only gained 35 with him which was gone the day of delivery. The weight gain began after he was born, self-medicated my post partum depression. :frown:

Both boys were just shy of nine pounds. Although I like to say the second one was full of *kitten* as he passed meconium in the womb as well as filling EVERY diaper the day he was born. So he was probably closer to eight! :laugh:
  • supergr33n
    supergr33n Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have 2 daughters (15, 17), 1 son (5), a bonus (step) daughter (17), and 2 bonus sons (9, 15). I also have been pregnant twice to the 8-9 week mark.

Full-term preg #1- I started at 115, gained 60+ lbs, and came away at about 125. I was 17, and I did step-aerobics until my 8th month. She was 7.10 lbs. Cravings= Taco Bell & Sour Cream and Onion Pringles.

Full-term preg #2- I started at about 125, gained 30, and came away at 130ish. I was 18. I did step-aerobics up until 4 months. She was 7.6 lbs. Craving= Burger King

Full-term preg #3- I started at about 208, gained like 50 lbs, and ended up at about 208 again. I was 29. He was 7.7 lbs. No big cravings, I just ate. A lot.

Breastfeeding helped aid in the loss, cuz I sure didn't exercise after the fact. Wish I had.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    MIne are in their 20's now. 19 1/2 lbs with the first, 21 1/2 lbs with the 2nd. And I STILL have 5 lbs from each pregnancy !!!
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Ya i agree with PP....I know some women who ate soooo healthy, worked out, and gained so much weight...but it was just water weight and bloating cause i swear in no time they had lost every last lbs....hahaha..

I was actually at my goal weight loving life when I got pregnant. I weighted 150lbs(at 5'9). They told me I had gestational diabetes because I failed my sugars test....but...I only gained 27 lbs with her and I had a petite 6lbs 12 oz baby....soo....It had to be a genetic thing. Whenever I tested my own sugars they were always amazing. I guess ya, if I ate like that vat of sugar they gave me to drink every day, maybe I would have had it but, honestly, that's not how I eat so.....i dunno...I was very upset about the whole thing...hahaha...My daughter is now 9 months old and I have another 10-15 lbs to lose to get back down to my "perfect" weight...but...I dunno....we'll see...hahahahaha...i think if I can get back down around 155-ish i'll be happy there for a while...hahaa..i actually had the unfortunate situaiton of GAINING weight after I had the baby.....After I had her the lbs just melted off...then....I quit breastfeeding in december and totally didnt understand how many calories it really burns..hahaha...sooo...I started slowly gaining weight...hence why I'm back on MFP and being much more dedicated....
  • MomsTooBig
    Options
    I have 1. He turned 2 in September.

I lost about 45 pounds. :)

Awwww! What day? Autumn was born on the 10th (almost made the 9-9-9 lol)
  • NCMeg
    NCMeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options

9/11
    I hate the sympathy looks and awwww poor baby has an awful birthday.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    How many kids do you have? Ages? What was your weight gain during pregnancy?

I have three. 3, 6, & 7.

I gained pretty much ~50 lbs with each one, but was able to lose it all within 4-8 months.

proof of my hugeness
    36wPJs.jpg

Awww, you had a super-cute baby belly! Mine was not cute lol. I have two, ages 15 (in March) and 9 (in February). I gained exactly 80 pounds with both of them. Probably 20 pounds in boobs! I'm normally fairly small but like 5 minutes after conception my boobs triple in size. :laugh: I retained water horribly when I was pregnant too, no matter how much water I drank! My oldest weighed 8lbs13oz and my youngest weighed 9lbs7oz.

I was back to my normal weight within 4 months with both of them. Dropped over 50 lbs within a month. Breastfeeding rocks!
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    been pregnant twice got huge both times (70lbs the firs time 50lbs the second - see pics) now finally (now my little one is 2 and a half) down to the size i was before my first!

my eldest is going to be 4 in may and my youngest was 2 in september, there are only 16 months between the two!

8c026f84-1.jpg
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Two babies for me, so far! And 12 weeks pregnant with #3!!!!

I gained 35 lbs with each and basically started at the same weight. Which, coincidentally, is the exact same weight I started at with this one.

Baby #1 weighed 8 1/2 lbs.
    Baby #2 weighed 9 1/2 lbs.

I lost all the weight with my fist by the time he was 4 months old.
    And I didn't lose ANY weight (except those 10 lbs that he weighed!) for over a year when I broke down and started to work out and diet aggressively.

I haven't gained anything with this one, but honestly it's the last month that does me in!
  • MomsTooBig
    Options

9/11
    I hate the sympathy looks and awwww poor baby has an awful birthday.

Ya, the thought crossed my mind. I knew she was coming in those next few days. I walked, bounce, meditated....anything to try and get her out before the 11th lol.

It was a horrible day in history, and we should remember it, but people shouldn't hold on to the 'date' like that.. A birth of a child is wonderful, no matter the date!

:flowerforyou:
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    One so far - he's 3 1/2 and I gained about 45 lbs...I was very fit and active before my pregnancy and as it was a "suprise" pregancy, I did a lot of comfort/emotional eating in the beginning and scared myself out of working out too hard (I fainted on the treadmill - so I stopped running and really didn't work out too much).
    I didn't lose it all either - I was 15 lbs away (I was my thinnest before I got pregnant with my first, although I didn't get there the healthiest way...eating barely anything and working out TOO much...not realistic especially with a family now!!!)....
    I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant with my second. I'm starting out heavier than with my first, although I work out regularly and my eating habits are better this time around to begin with. I've put on a couple of lbs so far, but I've been sick all day/every day for about 6 weeks and can't stomach too much...
  • valerietoxii
    valerietoxii Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have two. I gained 30lbs with my first. After I had her I lost 16 lbs then I found out I was pregnant with my second when my first was only 4 months old. I only put 10 on with my second. They are 1 and 2 now. I am under pre-pregnancy weight now, but I was over weight before I had my girls.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have three. Ages 10, 6 and 3. I was in great shape with baby 1 and only gained about 20 pounds. 2nd and 3rd babies.... I didnt even look at the scale. My guess would be around 60. I have a pic somewhere of me right before the hospital with my 3rd. Lets dig....
    march08010-1-1.jpg

ugh, hugeness.
  • nancyinfernley
    Options
    lol, i feel funny adding this as i'm a grandma and my fat has NOTHING to do with baby weight. most of mine is from my LE (short for lymphedema) and fibromyalgia. but whatever, i'll tell you anyway.

my son just turned 33yrs old back in september. i was at least 125lbs when i became pregnant and only went up to 165lbs when i had him. he was 7lbs., 60oz. i didn't eat well during the pregnancy. i did eat though. i lost most of it within the first few months. but that was in 1978 and i was barely 20yrs old.

my daughter is going to be 32 in march. i was probably about 125lbs when i got pregnant with her and decided i was going to eat anything and everything (in the 70's not eating and gaining a lot of weight was unheard of). the drs agreed. after all your eating for two now. plus my son was born with developmental delays and i was determined that that was the problem. (well, we know now that it might have been a small contributing factor, but hardly the main problem). so i gained quite a bit of weight. but almost died after she was born so i was determined to shed the weight, the abusive husband and the religion and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. i managed it and did fine til i got in my 40's and encountered other health problems.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    How many kids do you have? Ages? What was your weight gain during pregnancy?

I have three. 3, 6, & 7.

I gained pretty much ~50 lbs with each one, but was able to lose it all within 4-8 months.

proof of my hugeness
    36wPJs.jpg

Aww, but look how cute and little the rest of you stayed. :)
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I would like to say I was normal weight when I got pregnant, but I am a fairly young mother, which I think makes a huge difference in ease of "bounce back."

My doctor recommended 25 lbs of weight gain. I gained 23 by eating healthy, being careful, working until 3 days before I had my son. I think it would've been worse if I didn't immediately puke up anything greasy or pumpkin pie. Ha!

My lil devil is going to be 4 in less than a month.
  • Lindsay543
    Options
    Hey! I have one kiddo - he is almost 8 months. I gained about 55 lbs - and i have lost about 24 lbs so far....but i also wasn't at a perfect weight when i got pregnant, so i'd like to loose 40 lbs on top of that. Fun!