Zumba for Wii worth it or the DVD set?

Options
I started the 30 day shred and can already tell after 3 days that I am going to need more cardio! I also am on day 3 of not smoking (I was only a 3 or 4 cig a day smoker anyway)! I need to lose 40 lbs by the 2nd week of June for vacation! I would like to try the C25K program but that scares me! LOL

Anyway, is the Zumba for Wii a good choice or would I be better off buying the DVD set with the weights? Thanks for any input!

Replies

• amikad
    amikad Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    IMO I think the zumba Wii is a better option...only because the Wii game puts the songs in different orders so you don't get too used to the routine and as you do more it adds new songs...whereas the dvd will always be the same...you will be able to recite their corney sayings, and get too used to the moves...I have tried both, and have enjoyed both. But see a better benefit from the Wii...
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Not too mention a cheaper option too!
  • amikad
    amikad Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Plus if we are talking about the same weights, I think they are only 2 lbs...and you can just find wrist weights and have the same benefit :)
  • ColCul
    ColCul Posts: 53
    Options
    I love Zumba for Wii! I have been to many live classes with various instructors and feel that I get the same intensity of workout. I like that it shows your accuracy and get a thrill whenever I unlock a level. I have never done the DVD.