Hi everyone. I'm new

Options
Hi, I'm Jerika and I just started my Gettinging Health and In shape goal 3 days ago. I am still farly new to the sight. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am 23 yrs old and am just over 200lbs. I want to get myself healthy and in shape and at the weight that I am sappose to be at. I have tryed a number of time to do this and just hve not been able to keep it up or keep myself motivated. But this is a new year and I am going to really try this time. My biggest thing is keeping myself motivated to keep going. If anyone has some suggestions of how to do this I am opened for them. I was doing pretty good my last atempt but them school started and more hours at work and for some reason i just totally lost my motivation. I think that is the biggest problem I have. I am hopping that this time things will work out for me. Again if anyone has some suggestions to help keep me motivated throw them at me.

Jerika

Replies

• BlakeK80
    Options
    Hi Jerika (lovely name by the way) i'm new here today too and i'd be happy to do this fitness thing with you if you like... Always easier with a bit of support. Good luck to you :)
  • jerika20
    jerika20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That it is. And sure we can help eachother out. The more support the better it all turns out. Good luck to you to.
  • emberlatrella
    emberlatrella Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Im Ember and Im new to MFP please add me for support
  • JeanMac66
    Options
    Hello and welcome,

I am new too - not today - but new. LOL

I am alot older then you - but one thing I know for myself - throughout the years in order for me to stay in shape I need to follow some basic guidelines:
    1 - track what I am eating - before I eat I must write it down, if not it is way too easy for me to overeat, or eat unhealthy - when its written down its right there IN YOUR FACE
    2 - drink plenty of water and keep track of it. If I don't keep track of it there is no way I will drink the amount I should.
    3 - exercise - even if its just 10-15 min per day a few days a week to start - its far better then nothing. A quick walk - even in the house. And again - track your exercise - keep an account of what your doing, for how long and when.

I am loving this program - it make tracking all these items sooooo easy - and for me this is a requirement.

Good luck to you - keep your head high and you will suceed.
  • angelamarlene77
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this too :) Looking forward to getting in shape by summer and would love to have some buddies to help me a long the way. I'm 34 and have 4 kiddos...I'm 185 as of Monday and my goal weight is 135 (haven't been there since 10 plus years ago) Anyways, would love to have you as a fitness pal :)
  • kayjay58
    Options
    Hello! I'm not new but new to the message boards... never noticed these before :)

I've lost almost 100 lbs in 2 years by tracking what I eat and working out... kind of slow but doable and healthy for me.

The hardest thing I've come up against is that I have no long term willpower. I've learned to focus on the now so I don't freak out and give up. With eating, I make the right decision each time I face a tough one. Like if I want to eat a cookie, I tell myself every little decision counts and adds up. Then I am usually able to not eat that cookie. I don't worry about my next decision or the rest of the day.. if that makes sense at all :)

Same for exercise. If I don't want to go to the gym, I decide to drive there. Then I decide to walk in. Then I decide to do 15 min. Then 15 more. I'm weak but every little decision adds up! 100 lbs! Woo! :) Good luck, it feels great. Way better than that cookie or laying on my couch instead of working out would have felt!
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Jerika - I just started on MFP yesterday and would love to have (and offer) support in the journey of losing weight - so friend me. I have a workout routine in place, but need to track my food intake in order to lose weight. Just take it one day at a time. As the Nike slogan goes - Just do it!
  • xxkellywxx
    Options
    Welcome! I am also new, signed up today and I am already loving it! feel free to add me xxxx
  • lynyskiny
    lynyskiny Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is Day 2 for me and I'm loving this - the accountability factor is HUGE for me. I need motivation for fitness - I have a crappy low back so have to be so careful when exercising; although I went skiing for the first time in 17 years on Monday and I DON'T HURT! It's amazing! I am 47 years old - divorced about a year after being married for a LONG time; I have four awesome kids; 2 live with me and two are on their own...it's now time for ME. :happy: I weighed 150 yesterday and am 5" 6' tall - I really would like to drop 15 lbs but more importantly, I'd like to TONE. My oldest son is getting married June 30th so I've got some time. :heart:
  • lynyskiny
    lynyskiny Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OOPS - please add me!
  • Boo522
    Boo522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just signed up today so I have to get used to this. I am trying to lose 80 lbs and it is not easy. The hardest thing is sticking to it. Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey. Feel free to add me.
  • steff184
    Options
    Hiya, Just signed up tonight pretty much new to all this i have alot of weight to lose and previously have struggled through out my life,but this is the year to change and turn it around, Good luck to everyone on there weight loss journeys feel free to add me nd support each other :)