Pizza Nachos! Makes a great snack or small lunch!

Options
~14-15 Baked Tostitos scoops
~1/4 cup mozzarella cheese ( shredded )
~1/4 cup Mid's homestyle pizza sauce ( or kroger brand works too! )
~2 tsp grated parmesean cheese ( optional )
~1 tsp italian seasoning ( optional )

~ Pour shredded cheese on nacho chips. Spoon out the pizza sauce over the chips. Microwave on 60% power for 40-50 seconds. Sprinkle with optional Parmesean cheese and italian seasoning. Voila!!

Replies

• dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    yum! what a great snack! and so easy to bring to work and pop in the microwave, thanks for sharing :smile:
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Voila!! Carbs and fat.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Sounds good!! What do the nutrition facts look like?
  • noemike
    noemike Posts: 61
    Options
    sounds good I want to try it thanks!!
  • sweetaddict123
    sweetaddict123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    how many calories and all are in that?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    MFP gives me 282 calories for this. That is really high for something so low on filling nutrients.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    trying!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    MFP gives me 282 calories for this. That is really high for something so low on filling nutrients.

Yes, and how many g of fat and carbs?
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    No protein?
  • PenguinPrincess
    Options
    I do this with the multigrain tostitos, I think the taste better! :)
  • infamousmk
    Options

Yes, and how many g of fat and carbs?
    No protein?

I've got 13g fat, 27g carbs, and 14g protein.
  • allysabee
    allysabee Posts: 123
    Options
    She's just sharing a yummy snack idea with us. She never claimed it was healthy or nutrient dense. Ease up people! Just because we are trying to lose weight, doesn't mean we can't indulge once in a while!!

I think it sounds delish! :)
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    She's just sharing a yummy snack idea with us. She never claimed it was healthy or nutrient dense. Ease up people! Just because we are trying to lose weight, doesn't mean we can't indulge once in a while!!

Exactly!!
  • fhilcke
    Options
    Sounds really yummy. Definately a good one if you are making changes from bad foods to good foods. A great snack for the days when all you want is something decadent. I'm in :happy:
  • infamousmk
    Options

I've heard there are entire websites dedicated to sharing yummy recipes with no nutritional value.
  • shopchik12
    Options
    You are welcome!
  • shopchik12
    Options
    Thank you for your support! I know the snack may not be completely low fat people but it sure beats the typical 1,000 calorie restaurant nachos! It has a good deal of calcium as well as a good serving of whole grains ( yes nacho chips are a whole grain! ) If you are worried about the fat content then maybe cut down on the cheese portion...also, always be sure to use low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella!. Enjoy!
  • eileen7316
    eileen7316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support! I know the snack may not be completely low fat people but it sure beats the typical 1,000 calorie restaurant nachos! It has a good deal of calcium as well as a good serving of whole grains ( yes nacho chips are a whole grain! ) If you are worried about the fat content then maybe cut down on the cheese portion...also, always be sure to use low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella!. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing Shopchik! Don't worry about the naysayers; they're just grumpy 'cause they have to eat cardboard and bean curd!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump