Need motivation for one particular aspect of weight loss!

Options
Hello everyone,

I am really working towards eating right and exercising at least 5 times a week, but I am always tempted to erase all my hard work when friends called me and my husband up to go out for drinks/supper on the weekends! Most of my girlfriends are skinny and can drink two margaritas on a Saturday night and have no problem. I know how many empty calories are in beer/pop/mixed drinks, etc. But it is so tempting when we're out at a bar or a party to think "Oh what the heck, I'll have a beer!"...not even thinking that some beers can have hundreds of calories in them and that I erasing any hard work I've already done that day.

I guess my question is...has anyone ever struggled with this aspect of weight loss before? Any ideas on how to resist temptation when out with friends or at a party?

Thanks in advance!

Liz

Replies

• Texas_Nana
    Texas_Nana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just include the calories in your daily total...should be okay in moderation.
  • kwehkweh
    kwehkweh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    drink water before you go and have a protein bar. Protein tells your brain you're full because it takes longer to digest. Water tells your belly you're full. As an extra precaution put together a shake with whey protein, a half serving of oatmeal, and a banana 15 min before you go. It's around 250 calories BUT it will save you a ton of calories that you would have eaten out. And there are tons of beers that are low cal. I'm not a beer fan so I can't tell you which ones are good, but barley and oat tell you that you're full so stick to those kinds.