Boob reduction...before or after?

Options
Hi everyone. . .My breasts are a 40G. I weigh 250 pounds. I have been having a hard time exercising the way that I should because of the weight of my boobs. They hurt after almost every exercise that I do.

My question is...Should I wait until after I lose weight to get a breast reduction...or is it more worth my while to wait until after I am at my goal weight. I have an appt with a plastic surgeon soon, but I want to get other people's input.

Has anyone has experience with this?

Replies

• primpthin
    Options
    Bump
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Actually, I have a similar question. Sorry I am not much help
  • tigerlilydina
    tigerlilydina Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i was told you have to be a certain weight before you have a breast reduction which is annoying when you could exercise better without them and loose some weight, (im strange as i weighed my boobs and they were 14lbs each but have since grown)
    drs say to wait till you loose weight as some people who loose weight loose some on there boobs hope this helps
    x
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I think it might be a very personal choice.

I opted to wait until l get to goal.

I would try getting more support from a sports bra to see if that helps with the pain.

Many of us wear a sport bra over a normal one.
    At my biggest I was close to a 38 L when nursing at 232 lbs
    I am now down to a 36 JJ but still need extra support for exercise.

Good luck
  • mmbutler2004
    mmbutler2004 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    my mom had her breast reduced when she lost about 40 pounds... her doctor told her it was better to wait so she would not have as much loose skin... that was many years ago and i am thinking about having it done myself at 217 i am still a 42F.. but i am really scared since i saw mom through her whole surgery and after... i am not even sure if they do it the same way anymore but when she had hers done 11 years ago the actually removed her nipple and she does not have feeling in one of them... but she sad if she had to do it again she def. would.. good luck girls .. my hopes is that i will not need it done if i lose more weight but so far they are not shrinking lol.. i also wear a sports bra over my reg bra... it works sooo good at keeping those girls in place and comfy :)
  • cassandrap11
    Options
    Hello all! I'm 26 and had a reduction at 23 yrs old. I still had 40 to go after losing 30 but am completely happy that I did it. I was originally a 38J and am now down to a 36DD. I found cardio the most comfortable thing I ever exprienced before my surgery. I must add that I have the "luck" of being a woman who loses size off of their chest last so having the surgery sooner than later was an easy choice - my mom is the same way. I didn't want to look like barbie!!!
    When I had the surgery, they do take your nipples off. The scar ends up looking like an anchor. I didn't have feeling along the incision and my nipples for a while however it has come back.
    If you have other questions, just msg me!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    As a guy (had male breast reduction), my doctor told me the best time is to get close to goal weight.

Im very happy I did. I initially wanted to get it done when I was 270lbs, but dr told me to wait and lose more. I got down to 240, because I was so eager. She asked if I think I could lose more, so I got down to about 210 and thats when I had it done. I wasn't at goal, but I was close. I'm so happy I have waited.
  • SUPERhecticMOM
    SUPERhecticMOM Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm in NB Canada and anyone I have talked with here has said the Dr's insisted the lose weight before surgery. I have been curious for quite some time about a reduction. I have suffered from migraines since my midteens caused by stress/tension in my neck & shoulders. I can't help but think that life would be so much more comfortable (and convenient) if I were a simple C cup lol
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had a reduction five years ago and yes they do require that you lose the weight first. I find this was great motivation for me. I've gained 15 lbs since then and they feel so uncomfortable right now. I can't wait to get those pound off so my cup c bras feel better on me. I probably should be wearing a d right now but I refused to give in. When you lose the weight get them done. It is so worth it. It will happen!!!!!
    You may also send a message if you have questions:)