Any heavyweighters aiming to do bodybuilding?

Options
I been wanting to bodybuild all my life and nothing for competions but just for my own personsal self gradifications, I started at the age of 18 but didnt keep up with it but now wanting to get back into it and was wondering if theres any other heavyweighters out there looking to do the same. Add me and we can share support!

Replies

• BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My plan is to cut to a lower bodyfat percentage then bulk, then cut again to really lean out with a muscular build. Not necessarily bodybuilding as in Ronnie Coleman big, but I want to be semi big and lean. I'm going to do it all natural too, NO roids! That is a long way off though because I still have a good bit of bodyfat to lose.
  • HeavyHittah90
    Options
    Yeah I understand where your at and roids are just NOT the way to go! I aswell have a ton of body fat to lose till I even show muscle indentions lol
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Same here, though once I strip the fat off strength will be my main concern rather than looking like a body builder. As far as physiques go, Dwayne Johnson was my ideal in his time in the WWF.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I gained a bit of muscle and cut down to my lean bf goal. Now I'm bulking until March (12 week total bulk time) and then cutting hard for 8 weeks to hit lean and ripped for my wedding day ;)

After that I'll have the time to get on a good long bulk to gain a bunch of mass and then cut it back again to get ripped.

I reckon I'll be on bulk/cut cycles for a year or 2 to get up to the size I want with the definition as well. I'm pretty skinny now so it'll take a bit of time to gain the muscle!

Agreed. Roids aint for me - although I throw no judgement on people who do use them, they're just not my bag.

Jay
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Oops! I just re-read the thread title! I'm more of an under-weighter aiming to do bodybuilding...

Although I was a bigger guy before I started MFP :P
  • MelsieK
    MelsieK Posts: 72
    Options
    My PT is setting me in this direction. I think she just wants some friendly competition up on stage lol. But I have a long way to go. Probably won't happen for at least 2 years, if it happens at all. But would like to simply live the lifestyle, as though I am going to compete, simply to look as good as her.

Mel