5' 3" females - What's your goal weight

Options
Hi,

I have lost 35 lbs and then gained 7 after my wedding and have lost a couple and want to lose the other 5 to get back to my goal weight of 133 lbs maybe even another 7 after to 126 lbs but not massively fuse about that. Looking on the forum though it seems everyone else's goal weights at my height are way lower than mine. Is there anyone else my height with a similar goal weight? Should I aim for less? I just want to be realistic about what I can stick at.

Are you my height? What are your goals?

Replies

• SerenityRabit
    Options
    I'm 5'3 as well, with a goal weight of 130 at the moment.
    I think you should aim with right now what you are comfortable, either it be 5 or 20 pounds.
    Start off small, maybe 5 pounds for a goal, and when you get there decide if you would like to go lower or if you are satisfied.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5'3" and my goal weight is 140-145. That would be 45-50 lbs down from where I was when I started. I believe that is the "healthy" weight for our height, that is my main goal. To be considered in the "healthy" category.

I cannot say that if I reach that goal that I wont strive for a lower weight, but we will have to see that when the time comes.
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to see 130. I've been 135-140 for a few years. I can diet, exercise what have you and still stay around this mark...apparently it is my healthy weight! But I will admit there is a tiny voice in my brain that remembers when I was 115 and 120 twenty years ago and that voice still struggles to be heard once in a while despite my knowing better.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Goal is 145-160
  • eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal weight is 135. Once I get there I will reevaluate :)
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and my goal weight is 140-150. I know anything over 142 still gives us a BMI of overweight but even when im down to 160 i dont like how skinny my face looks so I decided to compromise and make my goal what it is. It all depends on what your comfortable with.
  • sheclimber
    sheclimber Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Mine is 130. I got done to 123 about 4 years ago and slowly crept back up becaue the grilled chicken/steamed broccoli diet I did to get there wasn't really the life I wanted to live.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 weighing in at 129. I recently went into maintenance as I am feeling comfortable with where I am. You should determine where you want to be and where you will feel comfortable at and shoot for that. We are all different. I have progress pics on my profile. The latest will include the collage with my profile pic.

Good luck!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3...Started at 170. At the time I thought 150 would be okayish. Got to 150, didn't like how I looked. Decided 140. Got to 140, don't like it either. My new goal is 130, guess we'll see how I look there.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 1/2" and my goal weight is 129lbs by April and then maybe another 4lbs by June. I just want to hit the 120's again!
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 135lb at the moment. Not too fussed about whether I go any further or not. I just want to lose 20kg and be happy within myself. If you are happy at 135lb then that's great. Aim for what you are comfortable with. Some people look great at 125lb and some of us look ill at the same weight. Good Luck.
  • PrettyDemi
    Options
    I am 5'3 and I weight now 120... My goal is about 105 but I would be happy with 110. I know that's not that much but I have some room for improvement in my thighs and mid section.
  • EMagineBeingEMazing
    Options
    Have you seen the pix of the two ladies same height, same weight, but totally different build? It's not as important what your weight is, as much as your muscle tone and physical endurance. And also of course, how you feel about yourself :)
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'3 and my goal weight is 139. I may at that point decide i want to go down another 5 pounds or so. But thats where i was when i got married almost 3 years ago and i was pretty comfortable there. So I think your spot on. Your body may be built differently the nsomeone who is at 115 or 120. I know I am and id be waayyy too small at that weight
  • Sandra82874
    Options
    I am 5'3 and I am aiming for 140 when I get there we will see. I don't want to look tooooooo thin
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am the same height and my goal weight is around 145. The BMI says I should be much less but I know that 145 is a healthy weight for me as I have been there before. I think it's important to realize that you have to be what makes you feel good about yourself but that is healthy. Too skinny is not healthy!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    5'2"

My first goal was 140 lbs. Once I met that, I reset my goal to 135lbs. Have been maintaining around that for about 4 months, and after Christmas decided to reset a new goal of 130 lbs.

There's quite a few users on MFP who are really looking to get to the lowest end of their healthy weights - you have to remember that there's quite a big range of "healthy weight", and not feel compelled to copy other users' goals. Find out what's right for YOU.
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    So good to see company of you aiming for similar weight to me. I know I'm happy at 133 but when I see others of same height aiming for a lot lower it makes me wonder if my perception of myself is different to what everyone else sees! Cheers people. Welcome to friend me. :happy: :happy:
  • francekelley
    Options
    I am 5'3, My current weight is 137, i am up 10 pounds from June of 2010. I quit smoking and put on a few pounds unfortunately. I will say that when i was at 127 it was way different than the 127 i weighed 5 years ago when i got married. It appears due to my desk job and lack of exercise, i have lost an insane amount of muscle, so even though i weighed 127 last year, i could not fit into my old clothes (which was shocking and devastating to me at the time, but a real eye opener).

The reason I say all of this is that a certain weight is not always the best "goal". Each person has a different body type, muscle mass, etc...so even if most people on the forum are looking for 120, you may be just perfect at 130!! I realized that just because i weighed a certain amount (ie-120,125,130), my weight really didn't matter if my body didn't look the way i wanted it to look. Because of that, my goal is to get into a size 4, that is the size i am most comfortable at.

But to answer your question, MFP has you set a weight goal and mine is set at a pie in the sky number of, you guessed it, 120, LOL!! It was a high school weight for me and realize its not too realistic for my now, but i really dont pay too much attention to it. Like i said, my goal has more to do with how muy body looks and feels :) To each his own and good luck! Sorry for the long post!!
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5 lol and I want to weigh 135....not sure if I'll be able to get that low, havent been that low ever. I weigh 151 now. so we will see :)