Eating when it's hot?

Options
I have a problem with not being able to eat when it's hot outside. I physically cannot eat it make me puke. How am I suppose to get my daily recommended calorie intake? any suggestions would help.

Replies

• ndiamond
    ndiamond Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would make sure you're hydrated and then eat foods like watermelon! Try eating smaller meals throughout the day. I get like that too...it's too hot I have no appetite!
  • AkersT79
    AkersT79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I felt that same way yesterday, so I didn't eat a hot meal. Instead, I had salad with a tomato stuffed with some tuna salad (chicken if you don't like tuna).
    Also.......
    Smoothies are a great way to get your nutrients, and cool you off at the same time! You can even add protein powders to give you that extra boost!! Be careful though! Make them yourself, cause the smoothies you buy are almost always loaded with sugar and/or fats!
    Good Luck!
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    OMG! I could only wish for that problem! I am hungry all the time and the weather doesn't matter. :laugh: But being hydrated and watermelon sounds like a great place to start.
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem I end up eating a lot of salad cold chicken cold fruit etc. and hey considering you aren't getting very close on your calories its the perfect time to add a bowl of ice cream.... things like breads pastas anything "heavy" are totally out of the question I just can't stomach it. And remember although important to eat your calories its also important to listen to your body making it sick is not the answer... right :wink:
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....
    THat never really happens to me.

But try eating something cooler, than a hotmeal and something cold.

eaither way youll get all ur nutrients...

for example..
    Eat a cold salad
    cook some chicken to mix end with it.
    end with some cold fruit yogurt or chillled fruit in general.

hopes this helps
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    And when you do eat that salad, add some higher calorie items like avocado or nuts. That way you can get healthy fat into your meal. Also, maybe try ajusting your meal times so you are not eating during the hottest times of the day. Or, maybe that meal is your smallest.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I indulge in lots of Jamba Juices.
    To save costs/hidden calories, make your own, too.
    Also, fruit juices have a high calorie count.
    Ice cream, too :wink:
  • ndiamond
    ndiamond Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    OH! I forgot, my fave! Frozen grapes! And handfull of those will definately do the trick!
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    I have the same problem. I try to eat in air conditioning!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I just wish we had heat. It's June already and I still need a jacket:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • ORCinnamonGirl
    Options
    It doesn't matter what it is, chicken, salad, smoothies, etc... I can't keep them down... not even water...I try to drink powerade, but even that is hard
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    OK, I cheated and looked at your profile to see you're from Spokane, WA. Then I checked the forecast for Spokane. It isn't all that hot yet... If you are having trouble now, could it be something that you may need to talk to a doctor about? I mean, if it is hitting you now, when the high temp is around mid 80's, what are you going to do in a month or two? Maybe you can get something from your doctor for nausea or something... At least enough so you can get a healthy number of calories in you.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Cold food, fresh fruit, smoothies etc.