No monthly cycle in 2 months :/

Options
I haven't had my period in two months. I took 2 pregnancy tests, both negative. Could someone check out my open diary, if something is obviously wrong in there?

I recently got back on my dads insurance, as soon as I get the card in the mail it's DR. apt time.

Replies

• kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have the issue but I also have PCOS. however, i have noticed mine will skip if i am not eating enough red meats .... if my IRON is low, i dont have cycles....
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    You might be underweight. If your bodyfat is less than a certain percentage, you will cease to have periods.
  • jeepwidow01
    Options
    I don't know why food would affect your cycle. If you have consistently been regular, I would recommend you visit your dr. like you plan. Hopefuly you can receive the card soon, or could you call your insurance company and ask them for the insurance information that the dr office would need?

good luck!
  • lolemmerz
    Options
    same! i'm only 16, but i started running and changed how much i eat, and thats all i can think of for why i havent gotten mine, so i'm guessing if you switched up your diet & started exercising harder that could be why?
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Just looked at you diary, and I personally don't think you are eating enough in general. Considering you are supposed to be eating 1700. What are you netting? Perhaps that is the problem? But yea good idea to go to the docs.

**Edit: Never mind I just saw a few of you other days. Doctors for sure!

How tall are you, you might be right for you height already?
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I heard weight fluctuation can screw with your cycle, but i don't think by two months. If you don't have ur insurance card you could always call the RN, they will usually answer questions over the phone and let you know if its serious enough to come in.
  • impersonally
    Options
    If you're on any type of birth control pill, and have been for a while, that could affect your cycle. Some people who have been on birth control pills for years get light or no cycles. (This doesn't only apply to those pills that are designed to "skip" your cycle -- any birth control pill can do it.)

Any other switch in birth control could affect it as well. Being quite underweight could also stop your cycles. But yes, go to the doctor when you can! :)
  • piari
    piari Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    From what I see, your weight is low already. Do you mind me asking how tall you are? Having a very low weight/bodyfat percentage can cause your periods to stop.
    Also, if you've been under stress lately, that can knock out your period. So can an iron deficiency.
  • TequillaLover89
    TequillaLover89 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6

Thanks for all of the responses.

I do have anemia but take vitamins for that on a semi regular bases, which should be everyday
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    By all means check with your dr, but I find that if I drop my weight below a certain number and am exercising I can stop my cycle.... so my body lets me know if i have lost too much body fat.
  • eksb
    eksb Posts: 93
    Options
    Your BMI is underweight and you're still working on losing more. Take a step back and reevaluate, Maybe eat at maintenance and see what happens, Go to the Dr, or a local clinic if the card takes too long.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    If you're 5'6" and only 110 lbs and trying to get lighter, then you have your answer as to why you are not getting your periods.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6

I do have anemia but take vitamins for that on a semi regular bases, which should be everyday

You need iron for anaemia. Visit your doctor for sure.

If you are underweight, your periods can cease until you get your weight back to a healthy level.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I skipped last month. When I exercise a lot, it always makes my cycle funky and I occasionally skip.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    If you're 5'6" and only 110 lbs and trying to get lighter, then you have your answer as to why you are not getting your periods.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    It has to do with low body fat. When my sister was training for a marathon, she lost hers.
  • kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

^^ that
  • TequillaLover89
    Options
    I'm 5'6

You need iron for anaemia. Visit your doctor for sure.

If you are underweight, your periods can cease until you get your weight back to a healthy level.

I take vitamin pills with 100% iron on most days.

Thanks for the responses
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude but you might want to think about the amount you drink as well. Sorry I know this can be a touchy subject but you have your diary open and the amount of alcohol your consuming daily is worrisome. Just my thoughts on it. As for your monthly cycle if you cant go to the doc, isnt there a free clinic near you?. Anyways good luck
  • TequillaLover89
    Options
    Not to be rude but you might want to think about the amount you drink as well. Sorry I know this can be a touchy subject but you have your diary open and the amount of alcohol your consuming daily is worrisome. Just my thoughts on it. As for your monthly cycle if you cant go to the doc, isnt there a free clinic near you?. Anyways good luck
    I made an apt. with a doctor for next week... Yeah I know I should cut back on the alcohol, it's kind of a lifestyle thing. But that's not an excuse. Not to mention I love partying.