Anyone out there short 4"11 and started at 230lbs?

Options
I am 28 years 4"11 very short and started at 230lbs! Too much weight for my body. I have lost 19 lbs since July of 2011. I am working hard to reach my healthy weight of 120lbs. I need supporters, motivators and friends! :smile: :happy:

Replies

• xxkellywxx
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 210lbs :) shorties are the best! xx
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    4'10 and starting at 200bls. I've lost 6lbs since Jan 1st.
  • CindyRx
    CindyRx Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and never posted before. I'm in the same boat and would love friends and suppporters. I'm not ready to put my weight in writing yet, but after I reach a certain magic number I'll get some courage :) Feel free to add me!
  • deedee3732
    deedee3732 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 235.....seems like a long way, but I am believing in myself!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I started in June at 224lbs (I'm 5'3" so a little taller than you, but still short!) and am now 174lbs. :) My goal is 140lbs, but once I get there I might decide to keep going to 130!
  • cczap80
    cczap80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. 5'2 and started out (hate to admit) @ 280lbs. A lot of strain and pain on my knees. But now 221ish and still working my way down! You can do it!!! I say we are vertically challenged, but we don't have to be horizontally challenged too!

10108291.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • deedee3732
    Options
    SOOOOO, are we going to start a shorty support group??? I need some inspiration!!
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hi I am 5ft and 229 lbs. you are welcome to add me for support, motivation ect
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    I'm not vertically challenged...I'm fun sized. ^_^ (Yes, even with my weight!)
  • Hello Congratulations 5ft and around same wt.I aslo lost 20 ils. since July,in last 2 weeks 6 more lbs.excited,I love this site,it is on.Stay focused.Keep it moving forward,to thine onself BE TRUE!
  • fitnessfreakygrrl
    Options
    4"9... power to the shortiesss :) we run the showw!
  • You go!Congratulations!On my way as well,very excited!
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and started at 178. So I haven't quite been in your shoes, but I know how you feel!

You *can* do it. You really can!
  • mcastgirlnc
    mcastgirlnc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and started at 236lbs. I tell friends all the time that if I CAN do it, anyone can lose the weight. I have had a food addiction all my life and rarely exercised before having an AHA moment. I still have ways to go so I am all up for a support group if one is created!
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm 5'4" and 235lbs and I'm just starting out (again!) It's good to see other shorties with similar journeys/goals.
    Feel free to add me, but please tell me you found me from this post (I just like to know!)
  • DarrellHodge
    Options
    5' 6" checking in. I started at 230. My goal is 180. I know that's still heavy for my height but 180 looks good on me.

Somebody should start a short group.
  • kitkatamii
    kitkatamii Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'3" and started at 265 lbs. I had officially lost two lbs last week and am waiting for my next weigh in. Let's all motivate each other (=
  • deedee3732
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow!! Scared and excited too!
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    5'0" and starting weight of 200 lb. Highest I have every been.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!