Anyone out there short 4"11 and started at 230lbs?

I am 28 years 4"11 very short and started at 230lbs! Too much weight for my body. I have lost 19 lbs since July of 2011. I am working hard to reach my healthy weight of 120lbs. I need supporters, motivators and friends! :smile: :happy:

Replies

• I'm 5'1 and 210lbs :) shorties are the best! xx
  • 4'10 and starting at 200bls. I've lost 6lbs since Jan 1st.
  • CindyRx
    CindyRx Posts: 46 Member
    I'm 5'1" and never posted before. I'm in the same boat and would love friends and suppporters. I'm not ready to put my weight in writing yet, but after I reach a certain magic number I'll get some courage :) Feel free to add me!
  • deedee3732
    deedee3732 Posts: 52 Member
    5'2" and 235.....seems like a long way, but I am believing in myself!
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    I started in June at 224lbs (I'm 5'3" so a little taller than you, but still short!) and am now 174lbs. :) My goal is 140lbs, but once I get there I might decide to keep going to 130!
  • cczap80
    cczap80 Posts: 48 Member
    I know how you feel. 5'2 and started out (hate to admit) @ 280lbs. A lot of strain and pain on my knees. But now 221ish and still working my way down! You can do it!!! I say we are vertically challenged, but we don't have to be horizontally challenged too!

10108291.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • deedee3732
    SOOOOO, are we going to start a shorty support group??? I need some inspiration!!
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    hi I am 5ft and 229 lbs. you are welcome to add me for support, motivation ect
  • I'm not vertically challenged...I'm fun sized. ^_^ (Yes, even with my weight!)
  • Hello Congratulations 5ft and around same wt.I aslo lost 20 ils. since July,in last 2 weeks 6 more lbs.excited,I love this site,it is on.Stay focused.Keep it moving forward,to thine onself BE TRUE!
  • 4"9... power to the shortiesss :) we run the showw!
  • You go!Congratulations!On my way as well,very excited!
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    I'm 4'11 and started at 178. So I haven't quite been in your shoes, but I know how you feel!

You *can* do it. You really can!
  • mcastgirlnc
    mcastgirlnc Posts: 23 Member
    I'm 5'3 and started at 236lbs. I tell friends all the time that if I CAN do it, anyone can lose the weight. I have had a food addiction all my life and rarely exercised before having an AHA moment. I still have ways to go so I am all up for a support group if one is created!
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Hi All, I'm 5'4" and 235lbs and I'm just starting out (again!) It's good to see other shorties with similar journeys/goals.
    Feel free to add me, but please tell me you found me from this post (I just like to know!)
  • 5' 6" checking in. I started at 230. My goal is 180. I know that's still heavy for my height but 180 looks good on me.

Somebody should start a short group.
  • kitkatamii
    kitkatamii Posts: 13 Member
    Hey I'm 5'3" and started at 265 lbs. I had officially lost two lbs last week and am waiting for my next weigh in. Let's all motivate each other (=
  • deedee3732
    Weigh in tomorrow!! Scared and excited too!
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    5'0" and starting weight of 200 lb. Highest I have every been.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!