5' 3" females - What's your goal weight

Options
2»

Replies

• APHerrera
    APHerrera Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I'm at my goal weight of 135. I say "goal weight" because I feel comfortable here and don't have any desire to lose any weight, but I might end up losing some weight because I'm eating better and working out more.

I weighed 160 lbs at my heaviest, about 5 years ago, and I carried my weight pretty evenly, but I know that was too heavy for MY body. For someone else, I have no trouble believing they could be very healthy at 5'3 and 160.

I know women at 5'3 can be in the "healthy" range at 113, but I think that is TOO LOW for my body. Someone who is built very, very small might be able to weigh 113 (and I think I've known some of those women) but definitely not me. I've always had REALLY large hips (even now, my waist is 27 and my hips are 40), and I know there's no way I could get down to that weight without starving myself.

I'm very happy at 135, in terms of pounds. In terms of body composition, I'd like to have a little less body fat (right now I'm around 25%). I was really happy to see most of the women in this thread have REALLY reasonable goal weights! So many women our height want to weigh things like 110.
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I know you're totally right. Just sometimes wonder if I see what others do. You're right though weight looks different on different people. Definitely. I remember getting weighed at doctors once (a couple of stone heavier) and six being surprised at how much I weighed and I guess they weigh a lot of people.
  • lpalmrxo
    lpalmrxo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 129 now and GW of 125. I was down to 118 a few years back and looked to skinny. I like muscle though. I want to look athletic. soooo hopefully i can get to 125 by summer :)
  • kdrew11
    kdrew11 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I know you're totally right. Just sometimes wonder if I see what others do. You're right though weight looks different on different people. Definitely. I remember getting weighed at doctors once (a couple of stone heavier) and six being surprised at how much I weighed and I guess they weigh a lot of people.

Damn predictive text 'doc was surprised' not 'six being'
  • calichase
    Options
    im 5 3" and my weight goal is 125 lbs...but ive got a LONG way to go!!
  • mrharh
    mrharh Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and would like to get back to 136. I'm just starting out and really struggling with the MFP calorie goal of 1200 per day!