How do you loose your BIG thighs??!

Options
How do you loose your big thighs without/with gaining more muscle?? Less treadmill and more eliptical? Or eat healthier and workout less? They don't seem to be getting any smaller? UGH!

Any thoughts!?!?

Replies

• BoopsyBoop
    BoopsyBoop Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Run away from them? :P Wish it were that easy!!
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    2 weeks in on the 30 Day Shred and my thighs are smaller.
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You just have to keep losing, ot might be one of the last places to go. Also the excersice shouldn't matter too much because its unlikely you will bulk up on a calorie deficit.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, leg press.

Keep eating at a calorie deficit, lift heavy and do cardio. Repeat cycle until you're satisfied.
  • meghan_cr
    Options
    Mine have gotten smaller (but are still not SMALL) -- cardio (running) and squats/lunges, etc. Of course a healthy diet too.
  • jsteinwandt
    Options
    Whats OT?
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Whats OT?

I think it was a typo....I think she was saying IT.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    How do you loose your big thighs without/with gaining more muscle?? Less treadmill and more eliptical? Or eat healthier and workout less? They don't seem to be getting any smaller? UGH!

Any thoughts!?!?

80% is Diet and how you eat...........

20% is Exercise.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    If you're eating at a calorie deficit, you won't gain (build) muscle, period. Eating at a deficit causes weight loss, both fat AND muscle, it's unavoidable. You want to minimize your muscle loss so you need to use weights (heavy dumbbells or a barbell with plates) when doing your squats, lunges and deadlifts. Combine this with cardio and a clean diet and soon your thigh measurements will start to decrease.
  • Savagegirlt
    Options
    I eat at a calorie deficit and I don't lose weight.... Just complaining here :P
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I don't want to make them more loose!

The way to lose thigh fat is to lose fat all over. Calorie deficit and heavy weights = win
    Options

Looks like you only have 3 days logged though. Hard to say with that xD
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    You can't gain muscle in a deficit. Lifting heavy will help reduce your overall bodyfat percentage so your thighs will get smaller - and stronger and leaner and less cottage cheesy.

Win!
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. Sorry the keyboard on my new tablet is a bit ****.
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    LEG PRESSING WORKS THE BEST WITH LUNGES AND SQUATS OF COURSE, BUT IF YOU DO A WELL ROUNDED CARDIO/WEITHLIFTING ROUTINE YOU WILL SEE RESULTS. JUST DON'T LOOK FOR THEM IMMEDIATELY AND YOU'LL DO FINE. MEASURE YOURSELF NOW AND IN 3 MONTHS FOR ANY GOOD RESULTS. :flowerforyou:
  • Savagegirlt
    Options

I just got on this site, but this is my diet/exercise for the past 2 months or so...
    Options

I just got on this site, but this is my diet/exercise for the past 2 months or so...

Give mfp some time, you will see that deficit works:]
    If you weren't tracking before it is crazy how easily you can over/under estimate!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, leg press.

Keep eating at a calorie deficit, lift heavy and do cardio. Repeat cycle until you're satisfied.

that's all there is to it!
  • Savagegirlt
    Options

Give mfp some time, you will see that deficit works:]
    If you weren't tracking before it is crazy how easily you can over/under estimate!

I was tracking, just on a sheet of paper.... I will keep eating well and exercising because i know it's good for me. I am almost about to seek a doctor's advice (though I've chatted with a few online). Thanks for the support though.