Recipe Software ?

Options
I am looking for software that I can put my recipes in and it tells me how many calories, fat, carbs, etc. Anyone know of such a program?
Thanks

Replies

• khand58
    khand58 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can do this in myfitnesspal but it means hand-entering your recipe ingredients. However, it does make it easy to select those recipes to add to my daily diary.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    There are lots of programs out there. I use MasterCook 11 on my Windows 7 laptop. I like it a lot. There's a MasterCook toolbar you can download for FireFox that will grab recipes from the internet (i.e. Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, etc), usually with one click. Then you can adjust the ingredients to make the stats what you want them to be once you have them in the program.
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll check that one. Is it downloaded and is it free? I use the MFP one for tracking but am looking for one that I can put my recipes in and eventually make a cookbook with the recipes I like.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll check that one. Is it downloaded and is it free? I use the MFP one for tracking but am looking for one that I can put my recipes in and eventually make a cookbook with the recipes I like.

No it's not free. It's usually about $20 (the cheapest of the lot of them, I believe) and I would recommend going to either Staples/Office Depot or someplace like that and buy the CD. You CAN download but I've read about some troubles being able to re-download if you have trouble on your computer. If you have the CD you can download as many times as you need.
  • Julesong
    Julesong Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I enter my recipes at RecipeZaar aka Food.com and it shows you the nutritional info.

It's free and you can share your recipes with others. :)
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I have looked in the stores but didn't see any. It's been awhile so maybe that will be my mission today. I'll also check out the zaar website. Thank you all for your help. Need all the tools I can get to make this lifetime journey successful;-) Good luck to you as well.