Calling all fashion and beauty addicts....

Options
Okay, okay, I honestly admit my main two motivations in losing weight are -

1. To look better naked
2. To look better clothed

I know that looking better will directly make me feel better. For me, it's as (not-so) simple as that.

I work in the wild realm of fashion and am obsessed with fashion and beauty. Have read Vogue cover to cover nearly every month since I was a wee teenager. Watch every runway show during fashion week, and the backstage videos to see how they do the makeup. Squeel whenever Chanel releases a new nail polish color, and run to paint it on my tips as soon as I can, love skincare and haircare. The list goes on...

Can hardly wait to lose this weight and reclaim my wardrobe, especially THE jeans which I currently cannot button. Ladies, you know THE jeans we all have....that magical pair that makes your butt and legs look sooo good and leaves you feeling as if you can rule the world.

Fashion junkie, seeking like minded for motivation and pleasantries!!!

Replies

• brittstheword
    brittstheword Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, we're already friends! I'm hoping to find the same like minded peeps as well. I was a little down and out while shopping for clothes yesterday at Free People (I'm a more boho-chic kinda gal). I'm hoping to squeeze my size 6 tush into a size 4 soon and rock out in my sheer chiffon blouses! Also sophiamour check out vogueandcoffee on tumblr, the obsession will only grow.
  • sophiamour
    Options
    Yay, this makes me so happy. That blog is incredible, thank you...will keep an eye on it. You're so close, one size is such an obtainable goal. Soon you will be snatching up all those size 4's!

I adore sheer chiffon blouses, actually one of the items topping my wish list right now. How do you wear yours? What I really want is a good pair of shorts to rock with them. Long sleeved blouse with shorts. Although not too short, not too tight, sexy, not denim, I know I'm a hard to please one...haven't found em yet.

So, like me, you must be dreaming about all the things you want to wear this summer?
  • brittstheword
    brittstheword Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how I wear mine! American Apparel has some gorgeous, affordable oversized chiffon blouses. I usually pair them with dressy shorts, tucked in with printed tights. Lol it was my go to early fall going out attire!

I'm currently obsessing over the spring/summer 2012 Marni collection. So bright and poppy! Anything you're looking forward to getting your hands on after you reach your goal?
  • sophiamour
    Options
    Marni Spring is super cute! I work in a store that sells the accessories, but it's not usually my style. I'm more of a shades of grey, black, nude, and beige kinda girl. Marni has the best prints. So retro but modern, if that makes sense.

I really want a new dress, everything I have is jersey or like a loose knit silk so it doesn't matter if I'm 10 pounds up or down, it still fits. I want something structured and form fitting, but cute. Maybe with a print, something out of the ordinary for me.

I wish wish wish I woulda snatched up one of those Christopher Kane dressed when he was doing the galaxy print...

Like this one here: http://bit.ly/wplJrv
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have the same goals as you and like fashion but I can't say I read vogue :S
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Yes! I work in the beauty industry and am obsessed with all things beauty and fashion. I have my amazing Se7en skinny's I NEED to get back in to! I also have a wild Betsy dress that is a little too tight to wear now, need to get in shape - its the perfect summer dress!
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I work in gaming, a far cry from fashion but I still absolutely adore it! I bought myself a Marc Jacobs bag I've been drooling over for months. The catch? Not allowed to use it until I'm at my GW. It's sitting there looknig all pretty and taunting me :p
  • whiteviolett
    Options
    Haha yep my goals are exactly the same. I bought a load of clothes in the January sales and they're all in a smaller size so my main motivation is to actually get into my new clothes now!
  • sophiamour
    Options
    I work in gaming, a far cry from fashion but I still absolutely adore it! I bought myself a Marc Jacobs bag I've been drooling over for months. The catch? Not allowed to use it until I'm at my GW. It's sitting there looknig all pretty and taunting me :p

Oh, cute! That's such a good idea. Buying a reward and looking at it....

Which one? Let's see lady!
  • sophiamour
    Options
    Oh by the way I LOOOOOOOOVE your ticker. It's from that cute girl with the cute blog of bunnies wearing all the recent fashions? RIght, I forgot her name...
  • godricshollow
    Options
    Fifi Lapin, yes! Although I am a little bitter towards Fifi :noway: I won two of her competitions where I was supposed to get some Fifi goodies, but she never sent them! I emailed her and she just ignored the whole thing. The runners up didn't get anything either, lots of us were quite ticked off. But ah well, still so cute to look at!

Here is the bag I bought, it's an oldie but I've wanted it for so long. Every time I saw it I was just like "BELLLLLOOOOONG TO MEEEEEE"

15f6ikx.jpg
  • Shoewhr
    Shoewhr Posts: 14
    Options
    I treated myself to the Marc Jacobs Stam inpurole for Mothers day last year. I LOVE IT! As u can tell from my moniker I'm a shoe freak but love anything, fashion, makeup, beauty etc.

My goal is to look good in a bathing suit, one piece this summer, two piece 2013!
  • Izzster
    Izzster Posts: 10
    Options
    Ooh, fellow fashion junkies.

I LOVED those galaxy dresses when they first came out (not really my style, but I can appreciate). We must see this purse inspiration- what a good motivational idea.

Main inspiration for losing weight is to look good in all my little dresses again. And my poor skinny jeans have been lonely for far too long. Size 8 to 6 doesn't sound like a big difference- but you can really spot it on me and I'm feeling every extra inch ;_;
  • Julesong
    Julesong Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One of my goals in losing weight is simply this: I would like to be pretty. I've never really been pretty, and have spent my overweight adult life as a rather butch cute woman. I think I've been afraid all my life to go for pretty.

That being said, recently I've begun looking at ways to feel comfortably girly. :) For the first time in my life, I've begun wearing nailpolish regularly, and I'm having a lot of fun with it! And I'd stopped wearing makeup about 15 years ago, am thinking about wearing again. (I have a lot of knowledge of makeup, as I'm a performer and wear it on stage. I'd stopped wearing it because it was too much trouble every day and because not wearing it was better for my skin.)

A major concern is my hair: it's soft, silky, completely straight and won't take a perm. I've tried to grow it out occasionally, but then I get all uncomfortable and cut it short again. Argh.

Baby steps, I know, especially for women who are girly all the time. But for me, I'm finding ways to feel pretty that are comfortable for me. A little at a time. :)
  • autumnrose2
    Options
    I'm with you! My inner fashionista is dying to come out. I'm in my 20s and have been wearing the same few pairs of sweatpants, yoga pants, and tops for what seems like years now. NO MORE! :drinker:
  • ashleylynnexo
    ashleylynnexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That bag is gorgeous!

My reward for getting to my 2nd GW will be a juicy couture bag, I'm so excited.

I don't know if I just have like self insecurity issues or something, but whenever I buy myself something like a pair of cute socks even, or a new bag or make-up, I feel almost disgusted, like I don't deserve it because I'm not even relatively skinny :/
  • Shoewhr
    Shoewhr Posts: 14
    Options
    One of my goals in losing weight is simply this: I would like to be pretty. I've never really been pretty, and have spent my overweight adult life as a rather butch cute woman. I think I've been afraid all my life to go for pretty.

That being said, recently I've begun looking at ways to feel comfortably girly. :) For the first time in my life, I've begun wearing nailpolish regularly, and I'm having a lot of fun with it! And I'd stopped wearing makeup about 15 years ago, am thinking about wearing again. (I have a lot of knowledge of makeup, as I'm a performer and wear it on stage. I'd stopped wearing it because it was too much trouble every day and because not wearing it was better for my skin.)

Baby steps, I know, especially for women who are girly all the time. But for me, I'm finding ways to feel pretty that are comfortable for me. A little at a time. :)

Hi Julesong,

I'm glad to hear you coming out of your shell but remember your beauty doesn't rely on weight. I'm still a size 14, came down from a 22 and goal is a 10 but would settle for twelve.

I said all of that to say I've always felt like a diva and now getting smaller just gives me a 'watch out world, here I come mentality' Lol.

Good luck, send me a message if you ever want to chat, need tips or anything!
  • rubygarcia86
    rubygarcia86 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    omg i love clothes. and shoes. I dont know about you ladies but ever since ive gained my weight not only have i not been able to fit into my jeans but my shoes either! I cant last in them. I am losing the weight to look like i did in my profile pic lol i want to be able to fit into a size 10 jeans! AND WEAR HIGH F-ING HEELS ALL NIGHT!
  • godricshollow
    Options
    Ooh, fellow fashion junkies.

I LOVED those galaxy dresses when they first came out (not really my style, but I can appreciate). We must see this purse inspiration- what a good motivational idea.

Main inspiration for losing weight is to look good in all my little dresses again. And my poor skinny jeans have been lonely for far too long. Size 8 to 6 doesn't sound like a big difference- but you can really spot it on me and I'm feeling every extra inch ;_;

I'm starting to believe that we are twins! I own 4 of those galaxy dresses... and the skirts... and the leggings. I have a really unhealthy addiction to that company! Last year I spent $9000 there :x So I'm banning myself this year, especially because half of the stuff I bought doesn't fit me anymore lol. I tried on one of the galaxy dresses and it was so tight and smooshy. THE HORROR.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I need someone to dress me. I try to keep up but I am not too good at this =[