Zumba for kinect...

Options
So my husband just got a kinect and he bought me the zumba game. I have been going to zumba classes since july and most of them are very high energy, but the kinect game was much easier and honestly I don't think I got a very good workout. I always wear my polar hrm and usually in an hour class i burn anywhere from 500-650 calories. Today I was learning how to get around the game and I believe I was actually dancing for 40 minutes but my hrm says 206. I never saw my hr get above 125...usually it stays around 150-170 in my classes at the gym. I'm interested in hearing other opinions of those who go to classes regularly but have ever tried the kinect or wii game.

Replies

• mtperry9
    mtperry9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Would be curious to hear the follow-up on this as my daughter wants it for our Kinnect.
  • MrsKite
    MrsKite Posts: 35
    Options
    Being a Zumba ® Fitness instructor.. I burn about 850 during a regular Zumba ® Class, a Zumba ® Gold Class I burn about 650. I have also played the WII version and burned 800. It has nothing to do with the game.. it's about how much you put into it. How high do you jump, how fast do you shimmy, do you bounce and shake your hips a lot or a little?
  • petalrose
    petalrose Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I never been to a class but I just got Zumba on kinect and I only danced to the beginners dances and burned 195 calories in only 32 min. and I'm sure I wasn't very fast.
  • MrsKite
    MrsKite Posts: 35
    Options
    I never been to a class but I just got Zumba on kinect and I only danced to the beginners dances and burned 195 calories in only 32 min. and I'm sure I wasn't very fast.

For your 1st class that's AWESOME!!! It takes a few weeks to build yourself up. Before you know it you'll shimmy away the pounds!