How to decrease belly fat?

Options
Does anyone know tips to loose belly fat? I am working out and have lost some but need more help when I am not able to workout? What foods I can eat that might help and other tips.

Thank you all for your support..........

Julie

Replies

• naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago. Here is the thread to the responses.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/53978-ab-help
  • ndiamond
    ndiamond Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight a few years back, and even tho I was getting slimmer, my tummy was the last thing I remember looking toned. Not till I really got in shape did I notice being satified with my stomach.
  • sgpratt
    sgpratt Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations on making the decision to get healthy. Belly fat is more dangerous to health than fat in other areas, as it's around vital organs.

Unfortunately, there' s no way to spot reduce fat on your body (outside of liposuction, that is :wink: ). The key is a good amount of cardio (at least 3 or 4 times a week) and a good diet. As for activity, I would pick the one that you like best, that you'll stay committed to. Also, don't ignore lifting weights; the more muscle you have on your body, the higher your metabolism will be and the more fat you'll burn 24 hours a day.

When it comes to uncovering that six-pack, probably 75% is diet. You need to be eating lean proteins, good carbs (vegetables, fruits, and whole grains) and unsaturated fats. Eating good fats, like olive oil and nuts, can actually increase your body's ability to lose fat. A handful of nuts every day is a good way to get some beneficial fat into your diet. Also, don't go too heavy on the grains and starches unless you're working out really hard. If you don't need them for energy, your body will store them as fat.

Lastly, it's important to have balance in all your meals and snacks. Most people say that five or six small meals throughout the day is the best way to keep your metabolism running fast. At each of those meals, remember to have some protein, carb and good fat. This balance will keep your body running efficiently, and prevent insulin surges that can lead to weight gain.

Good luck!
    Scott
  • spjpatel
    spjpatel Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you everyone..........................I will work on it

julie