Feeling Like a Ravenous Wolf.

Options
Okay, so some days I am fine. I can be under my calorie goal and feel like I couldn't eat another thing. Other days, like today for instance, it seems that I just can't eat enough. It's like, I feel like I am starving, or rather, like a ravenous wolf. I am over today on my calories, and feel like I haven't eaten in hours. It is so frustrating! I guess I was just wondering if anyone else has this issue, and what you do to combat it. Also, if anyone knows why I feel hungry one day and full the next while eating the same amount of calories, please share.

Replies

• missfluffyuk
    Options
    I know what that's like -- what I've eaten and TOM have a huge effect on this.

Are you actually hungry, or is it just cravings? If it's cravings, try working out for 1 hour or so. If you're actually hungry, maybe try 1/2 an hour and eat something healthy afterwards. That's all I can offer you.

EDIT: also, if you make your food diary public people can see it and maybe offer advice on what you could be eating to make you feel more full.
  • Lisa4030
    Options
    That has been me.....omg.....I feel like I am crazy hungry and then today it worked out ok. My veggie soup (the WW zero pt veggie soup) with lots of flavor helps so much, It fills me up and only 50 cal a cup.....sooo good, and once I tame my cravings I am good. It has been working today, as for tomorrow, my hunger has a mind of its own.....lol....But I feel ya....xoxo
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    This was me today and I'm not sure why!
  • Pebbles536
    Options
    So glad I'm not the only one. Finished a 6 inch sub and feel like I haven't eaten all day. Gonna hold off and keep myself busy and see how I feel in an hour. Ugh! I hate days like today.
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I find if I'm not getting my protein and fiber, I'm starving. The good news is that fiber comes in veggie form and cheap as far as calories go and protein is one area I don't feel guilty going over on. I haven't been hungry since I started and I'm not taking any appetite supressents.

Cravings are another story. I get an urge to binge and find myself aimlessly scavenging the cupboards before I decided I have to log what I eat and make a conscious decision to enjoy some chocolate, wine or popcorn. I measure it, log it and try to fit it into my calories, sometimes it fits, sometimes it doesn't but I'm still losing and I don't feel deprived.

Oh, and be sure the calories you are eating are high in nutrients. I try to avoid the simple carbs like bread, rice and potatoes early in the day becuase they make me really hungry. Even a subway sandwich will leave me hungry because of all the bread and such little protein. Hope this helps.
  • maryjay51
    Options
    i think we all have that problem now and then.. im usually not hungry when i get in them moods..i just want to eat junk no matter what. im really not hungry but more just craving whatever it is i want to chow down on .. keep busy is all i have to say .. i try to fight it best i can and more so i try to keep myself away from temptation. its hard to do but its worth it when you overcome that feeling to eat everything in sight