Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

nuts or not ?

I need to carry some healthy snack food around with me when i cant get to a meal in time instead of pulling into mc donalds, something to eat till i get home too eat, i had some macadamia nuts yesterday and found them helpfull. i cant eat peanutts any ideas? on what i could carry around in the car or hand bag thats healthy but can be eaten on the go :)

Replies

• possibly something small
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I eat roasted almonds everyday, I also like pistachios.......
  • peach05
    peach05 Posts: 31 Member
    Almonds are good, or pecans. Make yourself little baggies if trail mix with dried fruits, nuts and little bits of granola in them. I used to always carry an apple with me everywhere I went as well. Carry a big water bottle too, filling up on water can stave off hunger. Keep sugar free gum in your car as well to chew when your tempted to hit a drive thru.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Nuts are great. I personally love pecans and black walnuts. Also, the water suggestion is a good one. Sometimes when I think I'm hungry I drink water and discover that I was really just thirsty instead.
  • Almonds are great, raw, not roasted, you don't want the added salt. ALso just a handful cause the fat content is high!
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    I loooooooove pistachios! :) raw unsalted pistachios :) so yum!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Almonds! I love the roasted Planter's brand with sea salt.
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Almonds are better.
  • Just be aware that nuts and peanuts (which are technically a legume or bean) are very high in calories by volume...
    It might take a little more work but carrying around vegetables is a good idea. and you can eat a ton of vegetables with a low caloric intake plus the vitamins and minerals and fiber you get from them...
    If you do want to carry nuts; also try pumpkin seeds. Lots of trace minerals in them and pretty tasty
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    nuts are healthy if you are aware they pack a ton of fat calorirs...yes..likely good fat but also very calorie dense. you can easily blow your diet if you are not careful.