Type 2 Diabetic NO MORE!!!

Options
OldCoot
OldCoot Posts: 1 Member
When I started my weight was 250 at 5' 7" I knew I was "over weight" but when I went to the BMI chart --oops! I was in the obese range, two stents were placed to correct blockages and my Dr. said "I want you 25lbs lighter on your next visit. I made some progress then I found MYFITNESSPAL, in March 2011 my type 2 meds were cut in half and in Oct 2011 my Dr. declared you have beaten type 2 since you have lost a total of 75lbs This has taken a total of 3 yrs. to accomplish but I feel great with more energy than I have had in years, and anyone can do it you just have to keep in mind what your goal is and when you get there STAY THERE!!

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am so proud of you for beating Type II diabetes! That is wonderful!
  • joannebouma
    Options
    That is so wonderful. Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I have reversed Type 2 Diabetes back down to insulin resistant range, now to finish the reversal.
  • MichinMI
    MichinMI Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and congrats on the great job! Gives me hope.
  • mcarden86
    mcarden86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing. Kudos and congrats!
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    How do you know when you've beaten Type 2 Diabetes? The last time I had my AIC done it was 5.1...but I have PCOS too so I haven't been taken of Metformin because of that.
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    BTW: CONGRATULATONS!!! I obviously can't wait to claim the same exact thing! :)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight was 250 at 5' 7" I knew I was "over weight" but when I went to the BMI chart --oops! I was in the obese range, two stents were placed to correct blockages and my Dr. said "I want you 25lbs lighter on your next visit. I made some progress then I found MYFITNESSPAL, in March 2011 my type 2 meds were cut in half and in Oct 2011 my Dr. declared you have beaten type 2 since you have lost a total of 75lbs This has taken a total of 3 yrs. to accomplish but I feel great with more energy than I have had in years, and anyone can do it you just have to keep in mind what your goal is and when you get there STAY THERE!!
    Some would have us believe you never really had diabetes....that once an actual diagnosis is given, you can't recover.
    That's BULL!
    You did it - GREAT NEWS!

Most people with Type 2 Diabetes gave it to themselves, but nobody wants to say that.
    It's not politically correct.

I am thrilled for your result!

Keep Punching!

ALL IS POSSIBLE!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    it is never too late to choose a healthy lifestyle and prolong your life in the process. Quality of life is a gift. Congrats!!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You are an inspiration :)

I am battling heredity (my mother and grandfather died of diabetic complications) and fully intend to win.

Stories like yours keep me going!
  • Natp274
    Natp274 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    THAT'S AWESOME !! Well done you, and thanks for the story. Really helps and is encouraging :)
  • amisbest
    amisbest Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and getting your bs under control, I have type II and I am looking forward to throwing away my meds also. Right now I test at about 117. I was told that once you have problems regulating your bs that you will always have problems unless you adhere to your current life style. In other words you can't ever beat this disease, you can just control it. Looks like you are doing exactly that. Way to GO!!
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This is the best success story I've ever read :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • tboothgenthe
    Options
    Great job -
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for posting your story, diabetes runs in my family. I am trying to prevent it from happening to me. You are a true inspiration! Congratulations on a job well done!
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! GREAT WORK! SO PROUD OF YOU!! :happy:
  • DietPep1978
    Options
    Wow what an accomplishment! Way to Go!!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    You really are amazing! Good for you!

P.S. you should write Paula Deen a letter!!!
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing now i have hope that one day i will beat mine as well :)
  • lboogie188
    Options
    way to go!!! CONGRATS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!