quick and healthy lunch ideas??

Options
hi,
im getting really bored of the same old things for lunch.... they seem to consist of jacket potato and salad , sandwiches , soup... im so bored of them ...
anyone got any quick healthy lunches i could try ? thanks in advance =D

Replies

• icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of posting the same thing not long ago!! I have not ideas at all!! Someone please post some stuff!!
  • sarahcowley1
    Options
    bump ... anyone ?
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Our main thing is leftovers! We cook more and put the extra aside for lunches the next day. I also love crackers and cheese. I tend to make little veggies platters as well with tons of different veggies, some dip and sometime crackers or bread.
  • petey247
    petey247 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I make extra of 'whatever' for dinner each night and love to take a meal in for lunch. Most meats keep in the fridge for 5 days & pasta for 3, so you don't always have to take leftovers the next day.

My favorite is to put a piece of grilled chicken, salmon or steak in a Tupperware container with some frozen veg in the morning. By the time I go to heat it up, the veg is defrosted, so it all cooks/heat well together.

Breakfast is good anytime of day so take a frozen homemade pancake with Sugar Free syrup, oatmeal or a leftover egg white omelet to ring the changes a bit.

Flatouts are wonderful and make great substitutes for flour tortillas (90 calories) if you bring in left over fajita meat and veg.

I'm also the self-professed queen of leftover salad. I've eaten turkey meatloaf salad with dripping dressing, breakfast turkey sausage and salsa salad with Mexican corn and rice, and my personal favorite homemade (tahini and oil free) hummus with Gorton's frozen lemon tilapia salad. You don't always need to use traditional dressings. Sometimes I prefer salsa, sour cream, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar or the mother of all goodness 'a runny fried egg' instead dressing.

Some combo's work, some don't. Some get you strange looks in the break room, but some instantly turn into weird low calorie favorites. Some have even caught on. A guy the other day was eating a leftover hotdog, chili and sauerkraut salad with Dijon mustard as dressing lunch. I laughed out loud when I saw it cause he's the same guy who made fun of me for eating that same thing two months before.
  • castaliavt
    castaliavt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been slicing up an apple and having it with 1 oz of cheddar and 3 pieces of good salami. It's filling and hits the sweet, salty and crunchy notes.
  • christina571
    Options
    I normally don't have much time to eat lunch, so I usually have a sandwich on whole wheat bread with turkey, lettuce, and tomato. it's very satisfying! i also have some almonds as a side, just in case i'm still a little hungry :smile:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    tuna salad sandwitch
    cottage cheese with fruit
    salad
    that's all i have sorry
  • llamalauren
    llamalauren Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    healthy choice really has a great selection of lunches. some of it is actually good. i recommend orange zest chicken, beef teriaki, country fried chicken, three cheese marinara, and basil chicken. they are my favs.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I LOVE meatless products and wraps.

Right now my favorite lunch is french green beans, artichoke heart, tomato slices, hummus, cucumbers, deli turkey in half of a whole wheat wrap (La Tortilla smart & delicious). There are so many veggies I can't fit them all in the tortilla, so you have tons left over to eat after the wrap is gone, and with 2 tbsp of hummus I save one of them for dipping leftover veggies in. It is verstile, too, because you can put in less turkey and some soy bacon, swap out veggies, etc.

I sometimes slice up a Morningstar Farms veggie burger into thin strips and stuff the wrap with that (omit hummus) and tons of veggies.

45 calorie per slice bread, veggie burger patty, lettuce, tomatoes, baby carrots and sugar snap peas on the side.

GL!
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I wil sometimes do a big cook up on the weekends, here are some of the things I make

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Kym1610/view/my-tried-and-true-reciepes-119373

Other wise Tin Tuna and salmon are always good stand by's. I also try and rotate by lunches between salads and some of the things in my blog. Another thing I do is try a different ingredient in my salad for instance if I am getting bored I might try adding semi-dried tomotoes for a week.
  • millerhillbabe
    Options
    I love the Campbells select harvest soups there are tons of varity and low cal add a few bagel chips.... yum yum!! :love:
  • wazzername
    Options
    Not sure if this link will work or not but here are some lunch ideas from South Beach

http://www.southbeachdiet.com/sbd//publicsite/healthy-lunch-recipes.aspx

Also, this other site was just recommended to me and I've only tried one recipe so far (crab/avacodo salad) but the website looks like there are a ton of new ideas.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • richelle67
    Options
    Go to skinnytaste.com That sight has lots of fabulous recipes for all meals. I made 5 diff. recipes on Sunday, and packaged them in m y fridge the proper serving sizes. I eat in the car 3 days of the week at lunch so this is perfect for me, warm it up and go.
  • leavingfat
    leavingfat Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can make a lot of burritos in advance, freeze them in butcher paper and a plastic bag/wrap and then pop them out and defrost/heat and eat. Pretty yummy! My husband takes them out in the morning sometimes and brings them to work.
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I try to mix my lunch up by eating leftovers from the night before, Lean cuisines, different types of sandwiches, soups, wraps and turkey burgers and tacos (love fish tacos) using flatouts, tortillas and pitas. I cook a couple of turkey burgers at a time using greek seasoning, feta, lettuce and tzatziki sauce.