nuts or not ?

Options
I need to carry some healthy snack food around with me when i cant get to a meal in time instead of pulling into mc donalds, something to eat till i get home too eat, i had some macadamia nuts yesterday and found them helpfull. i cant eat peanutts any ideas? on what i could carry around in the car or hand bag thats healthy but can be eaten on the go :)

Replies

• goldenbutterfly
    Options
    possibly something small
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I eat roasted almonds everyday, I also like pistachios.......
  • peach05
    peach05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Almonds are good, or pecans. Make yourself little baggies if trail mix with dried fruits, nuts and little bits of granola in them. I used to always carry an apple with me everywhere I went as well. Carry a big water bottle too, filling up on water can stave off hunger. Keep sugar free gum in your car as well to chew when your tempted to hit a drive thru.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Nuts are great. I personally love pecans and black walnuts. Also, the water suggestion is a good one. Sometimes when I think I'm hungry I drink water and discover that I was really just thirsty instead.
  • burgenah
    Options
    Almonds are great, raw, not roasted, you don't want the added salt. ALso just a handful cause the fat content is high!
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I loooooooove pistachios! :) raw unsalted pistachios :) so yum!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Almonds! I love the roasted Planter's brand with sea salt.
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Almonds are better.
  • firedudecndn
    Options
    Just be aware that nuts and peanuts (which are technically a legume or bean) are very high in calories by volume...
    It might take a little more work but carrying around vegetables is a good idea. and you can eat a ton of vegetables with a low caloric intake plus the vitamins and minerals and fiber you get from them...
    If you do want to carry nuts; also try pumpkin seeds. Lots of trace minerals in them and pretty tasty
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    nuts are healthy if you are aware they pack a ton of fat calorirs...yes..likely good fat but also very calorie dense. you can easily blow your diet if you are not careful.