Splenda or Stevia

Options
tistal
tistal Posts: 869 Member
I am a couponer and I got a phenom deal on some Splenda a while back (five 80ct boxes) and now I am reading that Splenda is not good for you. I have never used Stevia. But I do have a big box of Turbinado that I bought for a few recipes that I did a few months back. Should I ditch the Splenda?

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I only use Stevia at home but do still eat some products with Splenda in them. If you read Dr. Mercola's articles you would never want to use Splenda or Aspertame again
  • sbouchlas
    Options
    ive heard the yellow pac pink packs!!!ks are the best...not sure, however i heard that sweet n low isnt good for u!
  • sbouchlas
    Options
    meant to say pink packs arent good for you! sorry!!!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Splenda and 2 molecules from DTD which is used in pesticides. Nuff said.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I ditched the splenda for sure. Gave me horrible stomach pains/cramping and gas. Once I stopped using it they were gone. Also stopped using anything labeled "sugar free" because of the chemical artificial sweeteners.

I'm using Truvia (a brand of Stevia) now with no problems at all.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.medicinenet.com/artificial_sweeteners/article.htm

Stevia is naturally derived, but that doesn't necessarily mean safe. It has yet to get full FDA approval- I would say everything in moderation.
  • thejen75
    Options
    Yes, I read those articles a few years back and was apalled that it's still on grocer's shelves..

+
    I only use Stevia at home but do still eat some products with Splenda in them. If you read Dr. Mercola's articles you would never want to use Splenda or Aspertame again
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    splenda is one of the many things that give me migraines... it is stevia for me! I have to read labels carfully because I can't do any of the artificial sweeteners...
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    Stevia all the way! Splenda and all that other sugar substitute is horrible for you! Stevia is ALL NATURAL and 0 calories! I have used stevia for about 4 years now...
  • Stevia, its Natural...
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I try to use agave typically. http://freshfitnfabulous.blogspot.com/
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My friend's nutritionist said if you use sugar, it should be as close to unprocessed as possible. Using pure honey and things like that are better than sweeteners, even if they're naturally derived. If that makes sense. :> Said friend is an Olympian rower.
  • aritchey1977
    aritchey1977 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started using Splenda about a year ago and at first it was great then one night the pain I had in my stomach was so bad I thought I would have to go to the hospital. Everytime now me or my husband use it we get horrible pains and it takes 3 days for it to leave our systems. I read a whole bunch of studies on it and I am never touching it again.