what time do you workout??

Options
To work out I have to get up at 4:30am.. and for 3 weeks now I have set my alarm then it goes off and I get up, re-set it and go back to bed.. what is your trick to getting up at the butt crack of dawn to work out??

Replies

• spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be getting up around 3am for the gym so that I can get in a workout before class at 6. The trick is going to be convincing myself that I still give a damn when the sun's not up and it's 30 degrees indoors. :P
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning that way things that come up during the day do not get in the way. Get up earlier in increments. Don't shoot for a whole hour earlier right away. I started by setting my alarm 10 minutes earlier for a week and then upped by ten the next week, until I was getting up early enough to get in a good workout. And yes some mornings I hit the snooze and get the extra sleep, but no every morning.

Good luck!
  • Myrtlemama4
    Myrtlemama4 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ive been going at 7:15am..If I have to work, then I will go at 1pm..either way its a great time, and not alot of people.
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    .... your alarm actually wakes you up? I am jealous!!
    I can not tell you how many times I get in trouble because my alarms go off and I never wake up! I have 3 in my cell phone set to the highest volume, the normal alarm set at the highest volume and sitting on the other side of the room (this way I *have* to get up and walk to silence it, the Doctor-whose-office-I-work-in's idea.. hasn't helped) and there are two in my fiancee's phone set at the highest volume. I think I am deaf... or my REM sleep is too deep or something.

Anyway, I work 15miles from home (am commute about 30mins) and I am supposed to work from 8:30 am- 5:00 pm, however the Doctor likes to take her time with her patients (she is thorough and a great Doc) so we usually don't get out till around 5:30 or 6. Traffic home is always worse than in the AM, even when I do leave at five, I never get in the door till nearly 6. Now, since we've already established that I am *soooooo* not a morning person, I always work out in the afternoon. I walk the dog then I also have four raw fed ferrets whose food has to be prepared. One of the ferrets has Insulinoma and needs to take antacids a half hour before he eats because he gets prednisone with his meals. I am currently on a workout hiatus because of an exzema break out, but I used to usually end up working out around 8p and never past 9o because at 9 I have to start house chores like dishes/laundry or whatever and then at 9:30p I clean the ferret's bedroom and start my fiancee's dinner because he gets home at 10p.

Sorry if its TMI, lol, but that is when I work out :)
  • koylefam
    koylefam Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I teach PE all day to grades k-5 then I pick up my kids (3) and it's home for homework, and whatever else is going on.. dinner then bed. once in bed it is time to straighten the house and start again..... I can't exercise in the venig because I can't wind down to sleep. and would be up until 2-3 .. this is kicking my trash!!!!!
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Why don't you exersize with the kids when you are teaching P.E.? Obviously, I have never taught but it seems like it would be a great opportunity to work out
  • koylefam
    koylefam Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    it is and I do some with each class... but I LOVE a GOOD cardio BURN.. and I feel like I am missing that if I don't do something outside of work
  • mtperry9
    mtperry9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:00am so that I can be ready to run or go to the gym by 5:00am. I really prefer the morning hours.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm an evening kinda girl... I like going to the gym around 6pm - then I'm nice and chilled for the evening and have a lovely sleep at night! :)
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am the end of a night girl too, I used to get up at 4:30 because I worked at 6am but now I work at 8am and its way harder for me to get up early still
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I used to love to get up at 4:30 but now my youngest has to be on the bus at 6:30 and my oldest at 8:30 so i try to leave between 7:30 and 8. once daylight savings starts we will start doing stuff as a family in the evenings as well and then we all like to walk the puppies and ride bikes. I would like to take some classes but we are just getting our footing since we haven't been here long.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home Mom so you would think I could do it whenever...which I guess I could but I have to schedule it in like an appointment or I don't stick to it or find myself pushing it back and then kids and husband are home and end of story....SO 10 o'clock every day =)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I would much rather work out in the morning; 8 AM is perfect for me :D I get it done early and am energized for the rest of the day!
  • PolkaDot88
    PolkaDot88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I did my first ever first-thing-in-the-morning workout this week and I LOVED it! I set my alarm the night before and told my boyfriend to actually push me out of bed if I didn't get up. But when it went off I was super jazzed about actually getting up to workout because I'd never done it before! I've done it every other day this week and will keep doing it - I was very good at putting off working out if something came up in the evening, or doing an easy one because I was too full from dinner. No more excuses, and I have discovered I actually love working out!!!
  • Idabud
    Idabud Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I go to work at 6:15 or 6:30 every day so I go after work. I have a desk job so it feels good to move my body after sitting all day. I'm usually home by 6:30 or 7 and then I have the rest of the evening to do whatever I want.
  • ashleyrg
    ashleyrg Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    morning 7am or 8am
  • TeeRaceFisher
    TeeRaceFisher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    one pro I've found from being a SAHM is that I have some play time with my workouts. Lately it's been mid-morning, after breakfast and before the first round of naps. Though I do like going child-free in the evenings once my husband is home to watch the kiddo.
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    I work 7am - 3:30pm so I go to the gym right after work and am usually home by 5:15. Works great for me. I am not an early bird.
  • rhn1977
    Options
    I exercise at home, so I get up at 5.45, do 45 minutes, then get kids up and do breakfasts etc, and leave the house at 7.45 for work/daycare.

If I have motivation in the evenings, and there's no housework needing doing, I do zumba on the kinect for 30 minutes.
  • chameleon73
    chameleon73 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am SO not a morning person. I work from home most days, so I'll get in a few mini-workouts (15-30 min) throughout the day and then my big one late at night, around 9-10 ish, sometimes until 11.