calories

Options
Hi, I am Mo and I just joined and already I am eating too few calories! any ideas?

Replies

• sbouchlas
    Options
    how off are you?
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yup, eat more!
    Don't feel you have to eat "diet" food - eat real food and monitor how much of it.
    I find it helpful to plan my meals for the day ahead of time, then I can add.takeaway snacks or extras to make my calories balance out.
  • sbouchlas
    Options
    rubybelle is right on the money...planning meals is awsome if you hav the time if not find a snack that gets you to where you want to be
  • AngelJordan
    AngelJordan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am the same! Do we have to eat all those calories! I've only done two days, but the first day i was 600 off, and that was with chocalate pudding, and today i am 1200 off!!! I'm meant to eat 2000, which seem alot. Im eating as normal, not restricting myself, just eating what i'd normally eat, which isn't exactly healthy but obviously not as bad as i thought!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up so that you should eat all the calories it has alloted - this has already allowed for a calorie deficit so you will lose weight. I think it can take some time to get into the swing of healthy eating (most of us have lots of years of habits to change!) so keep logging, work on one meal at a time, make sure you are getting enough calories of healthy food, exercise regularly (though not obsessively) and you'll be fine. I would try to get close to your cals than 600 though, that is going to be way under for most people.
  • motishere
    Options
    thanks for the info..I am off in calories only by 63 but it says I am -45 in proteins, so I guess I need more proteins. I am a diabetic so this is going to take awhile for me not to be scared of what I am eating, just have to keep taking my blood readings.
  • motishere
    Options
    I just went in to do my plan for today and again, it says I am -83 in proteins, does that mean I am eating too much or not enough..I think I am beyond my goals of 1300 for the day?