Bananas = stomach pain

Options
Whenever I eat banana's I get really bad stomach pain (not I need to go to the bathroom pain, but actual pains in my stomach) Does this happen for anyone else? And does anyone know why?

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    This doesn't happen to me, you may be allergic. As delicious as they are, I would encourage you to stop eating anything that makes you feel sick.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    This does happen to me, like horrendous pain, I haven't gone to the doctor for it, I just avoid bananas now.
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    It happened to me, but I kept eating them and it doesn't do that anymore
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Banana are evil. Don't eat them.
  • slporter3
    Options
    Yes. I used to be able to eat bananas in cereal and not have any problem, but last time I put one in a smoothie and thought I was going to die, my stomach hurt that bad. I am scared to even try one again. Not sure what causes that. Tomatoes sometimes do that to me too.
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Underripe bananas are really hard to digest and are known to cause tummy pain. Don't eat underripe bananas unless you cook them :)
  • Julieothree
    Julieothree Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No... but I get horrible heartburn. I avoid these.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I get extremely bad acid reflux when I eat them. Ever since I lost my first 50 pounds, I can only eat them once in a while. Which sucks cause I love peanut butter and bananas as a snack!
  • Jyster
    Jyster Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    No... but I get horrible heartburn. I avoid these.

Me too. especially if I drink water and have one.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes and my stomache swells horribly. I don't eat them anymore. :cry:
  • TeeRaceFisher
    TeeRaceFisher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    oh my! I don't think I could live without bananas! I hope you find relief though. Could it be potassium overload? This is just my completely uneducated guess.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I have one almost every day I get a stomach ache if there not ripe enough