huh?

Options
Ok so yesterday was my weigh in and the scale didnt move, still stuck at 246.... then today i worked out and before i hopped in the shower i weighed myself again .... just to see... and its now at 242.
4 pounds since yesterday? which dosent make a whole lot of sense ....
so the question is do i change my weight on mfp or do i wait till next friday when i "weigh in" ? and what can make me lose 4 pounds in 24 hours lol
thanks
j~

Replies

• icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Ok so yesterday was my weigh in and the scale didnt move, still stuck at 246.... then today i worked out and before i hopped in the shower i weighed myself again .... just to see... and its now at 242.
    4 pounds since yesterday? which dosent make a whole lot of sense ....
    so the question is do i change my weight on mfp or do i wait till next friday when i "weigh in" ? and what can make me lose 4 pounds in 24 hours lol
    thanks
    j~
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I always consider a big jump up or down like that "fake weight". I wait a week, like you propose to change anything here.

Are you drinking enough during your workout? Dehydration is a cause of workout weight loss.
    :flowerforyou:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I agree with Viviakay...any change that big seems like water weight. I'd wait until your next weigh in to change your weight on MFP.
  • tekrueger
    tekrueger Posts: 85
    Options
    Definetly wait...just resist and use the higher of the two, as if you use the lower weight and it is just water or whatever, than you are setting yourself up to be unhappy with your weight with the next weigh in :noway:
    Probably water loss is what the difference is, I immagine.
    I myself am a scale freak - I love it and I hate it!
    We have to accept the scale and not make more of it than what it is telling us.
    Keep the faith.
    Thomas
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    yep, the body can fluctuate 5 lbs up or down daily because of when you weigh in, and water weight. I wouldn't lend too much credit to weighing in daily, it's kind of usless. You should weigh in once every other week or so at the same time, same day. Also use other techniques like body fat, fitness level, overall feeling of health, and of course, measurements.
  • Catherinex
    Options
    another tip, always weigh yourself wearing the same clothes or in the nude. Clothes always add a few pounds and that can vary depending on what u wear. Also the time of day you weigh in affects your weight. I always weigh first thing in the morning. hope that helps

Cath