night time: when to stop eating?

Options
what to eat at night time other then fruit?

when to stop eating before bed?

Replies

• HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
  • aliciainmb
    Options
    I TRY to not eat after 6pm but that is not always realistic. So I stop eating at the minimum 2 hours before bed. Give some time for your food to settle. I read that somewhere too. :)

As for eating. Light snack, yogurt, 1/2 cup frozen yogurt, small glass of milk.
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i try not to eat after 7p.m.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    what to eat at night time other then fruit?

when to stop eating before bed?
    I eat cottage cheese with some fruit or yogurt with cereal or a Special K protein bar.
    And I eat it right at bed time which is anytime between 10pm and 11pm.

I need that or I get these cravings for dinner, and I used to just go down to the kitchen and eat supper again.

And I wondered why I was gaining weight...
  • monty_williams
    Options
    Whatever fits your calories and macros. Carbs will trigger melatonin, protein contains tryptophan - both aid in restful sleep, increases in HGH.
    Protein and some fat for satiety until you break you fast.

I usually eat whatever I need to make up my macro/calorie gaps. I stop eating at 9pm, but only because I do 16/8 intermittent fasting (Lean Gains), so I don't eat again until 1pm the following day. I normally go to bed around 9:30pm. Usually a cup of fat-free greek yogurt, a scoop of whey protein isolate, some chopped up fruit, some slivered almonds, Bob's Red Mill 10 grain cereal, and enough unsweetened vanilla almond milk to blend the protein shake and everything together.
  • buzz1960
    Options
    I munch on celery, or a Kelloggs 90 cal bar. I never eat anything past 9, nothing besides those 2 things after 6:30! Drink tea counts as water.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    i stop eating around 7:30-8:00pm

i go to bed around 9:30p.m.

Here are some snacks i eat before bed:
    bowl of special k and soymlk
    Nature valley bars(2 in a pack)
    fruit
    oatmeal
    protein shake
    turkey/low fat cheese
    wheat bread/peanut butter
    special k snack products
    popcorn(low in butter)

hope these tips helped
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    As long as you can fit it into your calorie an nutrient goals it doesn't matter how late you eat.
  • sbouchlas
    Options
    try some greek yogart or ricotta chz.
  • ashleyrg
    ashleyrg Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone and feel free to add me:)
  • KC5ZRQ
    KC5ZRQ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes. Stop eating before you go to bed. Don't eat again until you get out of bed.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    There is no set time you should stop eating at night. I have always eaten before bed. My super skinny friend also always has. It depends on you.

Do you have the calories? Are you actually hungry or just want to snack on something? For some people, eating before bed causes stomach upset. If that happens to you try to eat earlier.. otherwise it really doesn't make a difference.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Some stop 2 hours before bed because it interferes with sleep. Some it doesn't effect so I would test that yourself.

I eat up until the last second I go to sleep if I have extra calories. Meal timing is irrelevant.
    Today for instance, I got up at 7 am, forgot to pack food so I didn't eat until 6 pm and had a 1,000 calorie meal. I will have a snack right before bed. I sleep better with something in my tummy
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Whenever you want. Sometimes I eat dessert and go right to bed (at 10:30pm).
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Don't eat while you sleep.
  • ButtercupSprad
    Options
    I think at least 4 hours before you go to bed for the night. Setting a time is okay but.........we gotta look at peoples battle rhythm and work schedules.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    When your done? lol
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up 1k cals and will sleep within the hour.

Eat whenever you want....... Just stay within your macros ;)
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yes. Stop eating before you go to bed. Don't eat again until you get out of bed.
    (giggle giggle)
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I always *heard* and believed a lot of weight gain was caused by eating late and going to bed.

So along the way I experimented- and found out that it didn't affect my weight loss one little bit if I ate something
    healthy even 15 minutes before I went to bed.

Generally I had a light string cheese or some yogurt or toast and p.b. - and it hasn't bothered me yet.

Now heavier snacks/sweets.....yeah, different story....