new to MFP, need friends for support and guidance

Options
Hi, My name is Vicky. I am 39 years old. I work part time and have three kids at age of 6, 4, and 1. I want to lose 50lbs and be healthy again. My weight has become a problem for my foot and knees. I often feel lock of energy. I want to take better care of my family by fixing my weight problem first. Please share your wisdom with me...Thanks!

Replies

• willisda
    willisda Posts: 2,251 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • briannaparsley
    Options
    Hey, I'm Brianna.
    I'm new to My Fitness Pal, and I'm joining this website to stay active and to keep a control over what I eat.
    Also, I'm doing this to receive extra credit for my Psychology class.
    I really think I'm going to like it though :)
  • vickychen72
    vickychen72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will try harder this time.
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi, Try eating 5 small meals a day. Take a daily vitamin and also b12 vitamin for energy. Your energy will be low for awhile, your body needs to adjust to the new eating habits. I have bad ankles and knees, had surgery on both. I use need pads and ankle pads, they work better than you might think. When you workout, you should feel muscle soreness and maybe a little burning. If you think the pain is coming from an injury then stop that exercise for a short time. This will give your body time to heal and adjust. Remember that you will give yourself every opportunity to fail. When this happens, look at your kids and remember that you want to be healthy not just for yourself but for them also. Good Luck to us all
  • HeidiLynnM
    Options
    Add me to your friends ladies if you would like :) I have started, and I am really liking it! I am learning also :)