I'm in a world of hurt thanks to the 30 Day Shred :)

Options
I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Level 1, 20 minute workout on Tuesday night and I am so sore!!!!!!!!!! My muscles have never hurt this bad after a work out like this before. I can hardly get on and off my office chair at work and I'm avoiding stairs like the plague.
All the muscles that are hurting are the ones that Jillian targets in the DVD, I have no neck, back or knee pain its purely muscular and its awful. I've had to skip doing it for a few days to recover. I also did the easier moves as I am no fitness freak but I made sure that I made the 20minutes worth it (as she says on the DVD)
Is this just my body hating on me for being lazy over christmas or have I over done it a little... or have I actually done it right for once and put in 100% and this is what I should be feeling....

OUCH!!!

Replies

• renee_lee88
    renee_lee88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Tuesday was 2 days ago for those of you who are my overseas friends on here :)
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    The first time I did 30DS I was sore for days. I would sit down for awhile and when I got up it hurt to straighten my legs out! I am doing it again (didn't make it through the first time) so hopefully I don't feel too bad tomorrow...although it is harder than I remember!
  • mbriscoe79
    mbriscoe79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Im currently onto Day 11 the pain goes away after about 3-4 days so keep going
  • apple2107
    Options
    Aww I remember the feeling too ... when I first finished the exercise I was so sore I couldn't even move my arm above my shoulder hahaha xD I thought I would have to skip the next days, but I tried to do it and it became easier after day 3 or day 4.
    After that you won't feel much muscle sore anymore, at least until you try new level which exercises different muscles, but it is still managable :3 So good luck :O
  • renee_lee88
    renee_lee88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys, I was confident that it was just sore muscles on the day after I did it but when day 2 rolled around and I was even worse I was a little worried I had done it wrong but I was very careful to do the exercises correctly to avoid injury so hopefully I'll be back to bouncing out of my office chair soon enough... all the girls at work are laughing at me :) I'll stick to it but I won't do it continuously until I feel ready.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    OMG I did that a couple months ago and it nearly killed me! Everything you're talking about! I only did one day. You should keep going though. :)