Ants on a log - who loves them

Options
They (celery, pb and raisins) were a staple snack as kids and I still love to eat them. Any time I mention it to people they give me a grossed out look without even bothering to try them. :tongue:

So who is with me, who loves the good ol ants on a log! :drinker:

Replies

• regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love them and so did my kids! I forgot all about them, will feed them to the grandkids next time they are over.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them. Great for a protein boost or if you want something sweet. Have you been naughty and put chocolate chips on instead of raisins???
  • myusername010101
    Options
    I LOVE them. Great for a protein boost or if you want something sweet. Have you been naughty and put chocolate chips on instead of raisins???

I haven't, but I must try that now, thanks! :smile:
  • NNSSJSKR
    NNSSJSKR Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love them! If I am out of celery I also put peanut butter and raisins on a banana... I just really like peanut butter :)
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    mmmmm, yum!

I also like hummus with baby carrots...not sure what you would call that...

Quick! Somebody think of a creative name for hummus on baby carrots! :o)
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yum! I also like peanut butter and raisins on pretzels
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    mmmmm, yum!

I also like hummus with baby carrots...not sure what you would call that...

Quick! Somebody think of a creative name for hummus on baby carrots! :o)

Delicious?
  • samcches
    Options
    One of my favorite childhood snacks! My grandmother used to make them for us all of the time. (Coincidentally, she is also the person who introduced me to cooking and eating healthy :P). I still eat them too--the perfect combination of fresh, crunchy, sweet and nutty!
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    LOVE them! Even better with white chocolate wonderful peanut butter co. peanut butter. YUMMMM! http://freshfitnfabulous.blogspot.com/
  • CanadianMomma
    CanadianMomma Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I saw this and just had to have them as my snack. Yum.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    nahm nahm nahm nahm
    Veggie of this week : Celery! With hummus, with ranch seasoning in greek yogurt, with parm spinach dip (shhh, don't tell anyone about that last one!)

But my favorite : Peanut butter and raisins! Mmmmmmm. Okay, going to bed now before I go make a snack ;)
  • JPDad
    JPDad Posts: 147
    Options
    Love them. Now I wish I had some celery.
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I use to love them. I haven't had them in years. I know what I will be snacking on tomorrow.
  • LadyFaile
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm not a big fan of celery. I've never liked the stringiness of it. When I was a kid I'd end up licking the peanut butter and raisins off the celery. Might have to try it with either carrots or bananas instead to see if I like them that way.
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    LOVE ants on a log, not a big fan of celery though... but I can endure it as a venue for PB and raisins :) \

Also good on celery- low fat, plain cream cheese and dried cranberries! So yummy and addicting!