Exercise

Options
My schedule really only permits me to exercise in the evenings, generally around 7:00. So, should I go ahead and eat over my calorie goal and ensure I burn enough at the gym? Or, should I stay within my calorie goal and make up the difference in the evening after working out?

Replies

• 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I would stay within goal, and then eat after working out.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Whichever you want.....you don't have to quit eating at some magical time. . .
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Whatever works best for you. Personally if I worked out at 7, I would need a little snack before for extra energy. So maybe eat 100-200 calories before, and eat some (esp protein) after you workout.
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    I would eat when you're hungry.
  • pratod
    pratod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If I know what i'll be doing at the gym later on I'll enter it inro my exercise log in the morning- that way my calories are adjusted from the get go and I can eat some of the exercise calories ahead of time. You just have to make sure to do or burn what you planned to
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Manually adjust the calorie settings, eat when ur hungry :)
  • ANDIMCKI
    ANDIMCKI Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    By the time I get home from work and get the kids dinner, it's about 7pm. I started waking up just 15min early to run in the morning. Now I run for 30min in the morning. It gives you extra calories for the day. I still try to work out in the evening, and when I do I use those calories burned for a Recovery Protein shake. Life is too unpredictable, I wouldn't start eating calories you haven't burned yet. You could save them for the next day and document your calories burned in the AM instead.