Shakeology

Options
Hi there everyone!

Sooooooooooo......here's my question to those who know anything about Shakeology. I'm looking for honesty. I could read reviews on the Beach Body webside but I'm sure they'd all be one sided. And I'm really not looking for anyone to sell me anything.

What do you think about Shakeology? I don't eat veggies or fruit very much at all. I don't have a healthy diet. I'm a junk food junky. I am exercising though (Turbo Fire) and love it. But my diet SUCKS! My Beachbody coach is wonderful (WADE BOND) and he is really encouraging me to try the Shakeology. Here's the thing though:

1. Does it really work (not that I doubt my coach, but hey the more info the better)
2. I'm from Canada so I'm wondering if I'll have to pay duty on it.
3. Is it worth the $$$$ (trying to justify it)

So if you've tried it, please let me know what you think (good or bad)

Thanks a bunch fellow MFP's!!!!

Rhonda

Replies

• Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I tried shakeology once I became a coach and I will tell you that it is amazing! In a week I was already getting flatter in my tummy area which I have always had a problem with and I had a ton more energy! I got the chocolate flavor one and now I don't have the need for sweets as I use to. It does reduce cravings and makes your diet much easier to follow cuz you won't want the junk as i have also had a problem with. An within a week I already lost 1-.5 inches all over. I'm still doing my first 30 day and it Taste great! My husband even wants it now cuz he see the results it has done for me. And I have also been doing turbo fire!
    I really do think it's worth the money cuz in just one week you will noticed a difference in how you feel.
  • Nancy2010
    Options
    Good insight! I think I'll try it!
  • Jenene88
    Options
    Good insight! I think I'll try it!

If you do try it you should buy though a coach. That way they can help you out and answer all your questions about it
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone!

Sooooooooooo......here's my question to those who know anything about Shakeology. I'm looking for honesty. I could read reviews on the Beach Body webside but I'm sure they'd all be one sided. And I'm really not looking for anyone to sell me anything.

What do you think about Shakeology? I don't eat veggies or fruit very much at all. I don't have a healthy diet. I'm a junk food junky. I am exercising though (Turbo Fire) and love it. But my diet SUCKS! My Beachbody coach is wonderful (WADE BOND) and he is really encouraging me to try the Shakeology. Here's the thing though:

1. Does it really work (not that I doubt my coach, but hey the more info the better)

Rhonda

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/445106-is-shakeology-overpriced
  • ANDIMCKI
    ANDIMCKI Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've tried Shakeology and I couldn't even swallow the green one !!!!GROSS!!! The chocolate one was like thick sugar free chocolate syrup mixed in water, I couldn't finish the packet. Sure it has everything in it, but if you can't drink it what's the point? You can buy like 3 or 4 packets on ebay pretty cheap ($5+) and see if you like it.. If it tasted good they wouldn't need to sell it in large quantities, because people other than the coaches would buy it again.
  • valerietoxii
    valerietoxii Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My sister in law and mother in law used to use it. They both say they taste awful! Good luck if you do try it.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stick with something that tastes awful. Funny though, my couch (and a few other couches on YouTube) screamed about how great it tastes and everyone needs to try it blah blah blah. I think I'll just stick to my Special K Vanilla shakes for now.
  • Jenene88
    Options
    I think it tastes good. Everyone has different tastes but it's worth trying. The new flavor strawberry tropical comes on feb 14th. And for shakeology it all depends on how you make it. You do get different recipes so you can make it taste better of you don't like the plain taste. I made pb$j and it actually tasted like a sandwich. Look at how many ppl like that nasty chocolate peanut butter nutlia. That stuff is gross. Everyone now a days is used to getting bad food that when something healthy comes along they don't like it cuz it doesn't have the greasy taste. It all depends one what you like in the end
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I think it tastes good. Everyone has different tastes but it's worth trying. The new flavor strawberry tropical comes on feb 14th. And for shakeology it all depends on how you make it. You do get different recipes so you can make it taste better of you don't like the plain taste. I made pb$j and it actually tasted like a sandwich. Look at how many ppl like that nasty chocolate peanut butter nutlia. That stuff is gross. Everyone now a days is used to getting bad food that when something healthy comes along they don't like it cuz it doesn't have the greasy taste. It all depends one what you like in the end

You shut your mouth, Nutella is one of the greatest things ever
  • Steph62002
    Options
    The chocolate one is my favorite, mixed with a tbs of sun butter. Yum!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have been using Shakeology for almost a year now (not every single day, but a lot). I acutally couldn't tell much difference until recently when I was sick, and on the days I didn't have my shakeology I felt worst.

With drinking I do not take any other supplements.

I just recently learned that ALL of the ingredients are natural and that Carl Diekler (Beachbody CEO) actually pays people to inspect all of the incoming ingredients to ensure the best quality.

You can ask your coach to show you the DVD on Shakeology, and on it it shows you what you would have to eat on a daily basis to get the same nutrition in one scoop of Shakeology. You should check it out. I was amazed! and I have been getting it ever since. So, yes, part of the reason I became a coach is to get the discount.

Edit to add: Another thing I like about Shakeology is I can use as a meal replacement (when I add fat free milk and a nut butter), a snack, or a recovery drink. And come to think of it, THERE IS a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like it even if you finish the whole bag.
  • cassidygrooms
    Options
    Visalus > Shakeology
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone!

Rhonda
    [/quote

I did a lot of research. I did try the Shakeology once, had to pay for the sample and it was beyond gross. I use Ideal Shape Shake. It works and is delicious. It is half the price and the customer support is excellent. I definitely recommend this. Shakeology is so overrated, pricey and horrible. Good Luck.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Question: Why do you need a coach to buy a beverage? Is it kind of like an old school tupperware party? Like all I wanted was a set of bowls, and somehow I'm talked into selling bowls?
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I thought it taste horrible and its a huge waste of money. Why both when you can buy a good protein powder and/or good greens blend and make it yourself. Gimmick. All it takes is a little research on your own.
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My diet isn't perfect either. But I found that if I do Turbo Jam (which I try to do daily), and replace one meal with Shakeology even though the other meals aren't all that healthy, I still lose weight. The green Shakeology tastes awful to me. But I do love the chocolate one. I mix mine in a blender with milk and banana. It tastes really good. Plus supplies all of the nutrition I don't get throughout the day.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stick with something that tastes awful. Funny though, my couch (and a few other couches on YouTube) screamed about how great it tastes and everyone needs to try it blah blah blah. I think I'll just stick to my Special K Vanilla shakes for now.

I agree. It is gross!
  • kaylam87
    kaylam87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

You shut your mouth, Nutella is one of the greatest things ever

hahaha i concur with this gentleman!
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    All you need to do is get a juicer and get fresh vegetables and fruits and start juicing taste way better then that crap and works a whole lot better 10 days and you will be amazed.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I think it's a total marketing con. Luckily this shake craze simply hasn't happened in the UK.