Snacks coworkers leave out

Options
My new solutions:
1. Throw the whole bag out.
2. Grab a handful and slam dunk it in the trash. Try it, you'll feel awesome! Mind over M&M's!!

Replies

• ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA. #2 kills me. I'm going to try it! Sounds awfully awesome.
  • cbriost
    cbriost Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is the single hardest thing for me to avoid in my daily life! Any other suggestions???
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Poison them. :devil:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'd be trying:

3. eat a small handful and walk away.

Wish there was chocolate here!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I just chew gum. Works wonders when there are snacks laying around and also makes a convenient excuse when somebody offers you something. "Sorry, I just popped some gum, don't want to spit it out when it still has flavor."
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Thankfully half of our "treats" get stuck into a cookie jar on a desk in reception. The other half, however, are placed right in the back counter where all can see and I am forced to be near pretty damn often.

My best avoidance days are ones that I have already planned out, look up the calories for said snack first, or am just DAMN STRONG. ;)
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bath and Body Works Spearmint lip gloss, and sugar free gum. Mint ruins the flavor of just about everything for me. So....I chew a lot of gum, drink most of my water at work, and avoid the area as much as possible.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I don't know if any of you take chewable zinc, but it makes everything taste like metal for a while. You won't want the snacks... I promise.
  • dad040859
    Options
    How's this for temptation? I am a broker for snacks and sandwiches for the vending industry. My trunk is full of samples! Talk about junk in the trunk...

Every day, I call on vending companies and show the samples. I'm on the road 3-4 days per week, and in the past I'd not only bring a few samples into the hotel room "for later," but I'd more often than not order a pizza for dinner. NO MORE!
  • mdejoseph
    mdejoseph Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You know how there are often food "buffets" at work? Like it's raining so company provides free pizza? OR it's a really snowy day so your boss brings in dunkin donuts? Yea, I NEVER have a problem here. Ever. I never eat that crap. Free food is such a big deal for people. Why? Why is it when my office had pizza 7 different coworkers would come ask me if I got a piece or if they could get one for me and then when I say NO they go into shock? "Are you feeling sick?" NO. "Are you full from lunch??" NO. Nothing is wrong with me. I just don't go apesh*t for free food. First of all, people talk and, therefore, spit all over the food and man handle it to get what they want. Second, it's never as good as you think or without consequence (like heartburn). Lastly, if I have to wait in line or fight with other people for some free spit on food that's going to make me sick...I mean hello??

Free doesn't make it taste better, doesn't make it better for you, doesn't even make you feel better eating it. It's just free.

Next time someone has food they are sharing, think of the germs, the crap on people's hands as they dip into it (did they wash after they went to the bathroom last or recently scratch their scalp or pick their teeth?) It makes it much less appealing.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Poison them. :devil:

ahahhahaha
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    How's this for temptation? I am a broker for snacks and sandwiches for the vending industry. My trunk is full of samples! Talk about junk in the trunk...

Every day, I call on vending companies and show the samples. I'm on the road 3-4 days per week, and in the past I'd not only bring a few samples into the hotel room "for later," but I'd more often than not order a pizza for dinner. NO MORE!

Yikes... sounds like a bartender trying to quit drinking! Good for you for practicing self-control even with all of that around you all the time.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    YES!! This happens here ALL the time. And I work in a "LiveWell" benefits group. You'd think they'd want to get healthy and be conscious of this. Nope. There's Dunkin Donuts in here almost every Friday. Right now there's a box of cookies and half a container of trail mix from Target on the table. At 170 calories for 1/4 cup, I think not. I always keep fruit on my desk. It's not worth it to me to give up and give in. If I am tempted, I'll take a piece of something, but then walk at lunch or hit it hard outside or at the gym.
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This is the single hardest thing for me to avoid in my daily life! Any other suggestions???

Seriously, try grabbing a handful and just throwing it away. I was really struggling with snacks this week, so I decided I would do this. I am not kidding. I only did it twice and now I'm not having any trouble.
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Seriously, try grabbing a handful and just throwing it away. I was really struggling with snacks this week, so I decided I would do this. I am not kidding. I only did it twice and now I'm not having any trouble.

I also threw out 2 bags of crap that were getting low, but slam-dunking a handful from a replacement bag someone brought was what really did it for me.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

ROFLMAO @ "Junk in the Trunk" I frigging spat out my coffee uncontrollably!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO!