Could it be true?

Options
Do I, the same person that has HATED running all my life... actually enjoy it now?? hehe I still have a heck of a time finding the motivation to start, but once I am out there doing it I am liking it more and more. This morning I ran for 1 hr straight!! 5 miles!!! That is just crazines for me. I also decided to do the AF 1/2 marathon in September. I must be going crazy!!!! LOL :laugh:

Replies

• proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Do I, the same person that has HATED running all my life... actually enjoy it now?? hehe I still have a heck of a time finding the motivation to start, but once I am out there doing it I am liking it more and more. This morning I ran for 1 hr straight!! 5 miles!!! That is just crazines for me. I also decided to do the AF 1/2 marathon in September. I must be going crazy!!!! LOL :laugh:
  • lscotch
    lscotch Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing right now, i am in :heart: love :heart: with running. I have also signed up for a running race at the end of April, and I cant wait for it- seems soo wierd. I remember watching a running race last year with my ultra fit husband, and saying to him- who would ever want to do this??? And this year I am doing it- hahaha.... I just need to figure out whats going on with my blisters though, everytime I go for a run, I get blisters on my arches, I have tried 3 different pairs of running shoes, and it keeps happening:grumble: .
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Bummer, have you tried the blister bandaids? I got them when I had one on the back of my foot and it worked really well, noticed on the box it said for prevention too...
  • Aprilina
    Aprilina Posts: 12
    Options
    I am going through the same thing right now, i am in :heart: love :heart: with running. I have also signed up for a running race at the end of April, and I cant wait for it- seems soo wierd. I remember watching a running race last year with my ultra fit husband, and saying to him- who would ever want to do this??? And this year I am doing it- hahaha.... I just need to figure out whats going on with my blisters though, everytime I go for a run, I get blisters on my arches, I have tried 3 different pairs of running shoes, and it keeps happening:grumble: .
    The same thing has been going on with me too! Except I walk at a fast pace LOL! Running would probably kill me at this time. Gotta work up to that point. But if you figure out a way to stop it, let me know! The bottom of my feet are killing me lol!:sad:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Good for you mama!

Running is up there as one of the highest forms of calorie burn along with swimming and some circuit training techniques!

Besides the obvious impact problems, running is GREAT for you. If you don't have knee or back issues with it, I highly recommend it to everyone! The great thing about running is that you can easilly measure how much stronger you are getting. Over weeks, you can see your stamina and speed increase. There is nothing quite as motivating as tracking your progress and realizing that, last month at this time you were running 1 mile less and taking 5 minutes more to do it. :happy:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I have friends at work that all run (even marathons). Last year I would say all the time "I have no desire to run, not for me". Now I love it and I have already improved since the beginning of the year. I am signing up for the Crim in our area (10 miles) this summer and then I will work up to half marathon and maybe some day a marathon. For anyone out there that is doubting themselves or saying I can't, don't until you try. You will be amazed at what you don't give yourself credit for. I feel so good after my morning run, gets me going for the day!
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    I started running about 15 years ago after I had a major kneee op. My physiotherapist told me to go and run on hard surfaces!!!!! I did, managed a few minutes at a time, hated it...then grew to love it, and have now done many 5Ks and 2 1/2 marathons.

When I get to my goal my treat to myself is to think about doing a 1/2 marathon again.:smile:
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It happened to me about a year ago I completely understand! Now I am into cycling too. You just never know what your body is capable until you give it a shot!
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    I tried to rum but my knees can not take the impact. So I walk briskly. In fact, just bought some new Nike shoes.