Please stop basing your happiness on a number

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
I see this over and over again on these boards, posters who put all their happiness based on what a number says. The scale should be largely irrelevant to your happiness. It's great as a tool to measure your body, but it's one of many. Cm lost, how your clothes fit, how you feel are just as important if not more.

I've just read five different people post that they're unhappy because the scale doesn't say a certain number. It's not the be all and end all of health. Or life. Go out and enjoy yourself with family and friends!

Replies

• emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Amen.
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You said it. *sigh*
  • popchex
    popchex Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's taken a LOOOOONG time to not tie my self worth to how much I weigh. Now it HAS become but one of many bits of data that go into the whole - a fit and healthy me. Even as large as I am at the moment, I'm healthy, actually. All of my numbers are in normal range! But I'm woefully out of shape, and that's why I'm here! :)
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    true that.

Also stop basing happiness on someone else's progress compared to yours.

We all have weaknesses. Let's work on them until they become our strengths !
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    True That!...does being unhappy with blood pressure not going down count?...I am happy with the weight loss, but those numbers still frighten me...
  • IAmAOneManArmy
    IAmAOneManArmy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thats so true. Sometimes that scale can hold people back.