My shallow reason for dieting UPDATE

Options
Hi

In September i posted on this furom the topic 'shallow reasons for dieting'

This is what i wrote (back in September)

I read with interest all the reasons people want to loose weight and must admit i feel a little shallow when i think of my motivation. Let me explain....we have recently had to start wearing high-vis vests at work. Mine is large and didnt do up! i could not bring myself to ask for an extra large to be ordered for me so weight loss was the answer. half a stone down now and it meets but is still to tight to do up so another half stone required

UPDATE
Its now much colder and i wear my high-vis vest over my winter coat - this morning i did that velcro up on the high vis - OVER MY COAT!!
Just tried it on without my coat and i was amazed at how much bigger it was then when i first began MFP - i have a few inches overlap now!

You never know i may need a smaller one in the summer!

I think i suffer from 'not really believing i am getting smaller' not sure if its a recognised condition but i convince myself that the trousers that are now too big have streached or buying clothes a size or 2 smaller is just because they are not a tight fit!

This high-viz vest, this little bit of fabric i wear everyday (over my coat now) has really pleased me - i know there is no give in it - it hasnt streached - there is only one explaination - I AM SMALLER (well 24lb's smaller)

So anyone want to share any 'odd' examples of shallow stuff that makes them happy!

:happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• CherryIceGlitter
    Options
    Fab post Diane!!

Everybody is at least a tiny bit shallow.. I want to be slim simply because I know I'll look better in certain clothes :) xxx
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Thats such an awesome success story - congratulations!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's brilliant! When you get the new one, leave the label sticking out the back ;-)

I had a left knee high boot that wouldn't do up beyond half way when I started so always wore them under work trousers. It did up a few months ago now, but they are both fitting a bit welly-ish now :-)
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I don't think it shallow, I think how you feel in your skin is extremely important to how we project ourselves. I want to lose weight so I can feel confident as I currently hate leaving my house!
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well done x Thats fab....
  • 15in8
    15in8 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Lol, I freely admit I am epically shallow. I want to look good in photographs, and a washboard stomach would be nice. It has been a long time since an ab saw the ligh of day! The health benefits are also motivating for me, but to be honest, I just want to look good :)
  • ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thats ace! It's the little things like that which keep us motivated and remind us that we ARE losing weight even if we dont feel like it.
  • minnie84
    minnie84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i dont see that as shallow i see that as motivation u dont like something.#Rather than replace it you make changes to make it fit and i bet u feel better for ot well done u xx
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i do want to turn heads again

i used even up till a year ago now no one takes a second look
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful read!! I love that the garment is fitting loosely. The body image adjustment part of this fitness journey comes in these occasional moments of awareness, I think. At least, that's true for me.

There was a time in my life 20 years ago when I was seriously into hiking. I would typically hike at least 20 miles each weekend, through rain, sleet and snow. I loved the feeling of swinging my arms, and feeling lithe through my middle. Now, my arms brush against the rolls that have formed there. I want to feel that lovely feeling of walking unencumbered again. I don't know if that's shallow, though there is a bit of vanity that goes along with this, so I think it qualifies. ;^)
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Its great to read all your positive feedback - thanks folks :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!