Training for a Marathon?

Options
Hey everybody! I'm wanting to train for an upcoming 5 k marathon and I have no idea where to start. I'm not sure if there's any type of odometer or distance tracker that most people use, any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Replies

• coffeye
    coffeye Posts: 20
    Options
    i use an app on my mobile phone. If you have a smart mobile phone you can download one, the basic "tracker" apps are mostly free. Oh and i would recommend getting a heart rate monitor watch invaluable when training. Good luck
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    5k is 3.1 miles

marathon is 26.2

which one are you referring to?
  • steve2375
    steve2375 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin 305 GPS watch (that came with a heart rate monitor. I have also used the website www.mapmyrun.com to map out new routes/distances.

Good Luck!!
  • NettyB62
    Options
    There is a website called DailyMile..maybe that will help? I hope to *eventually* get back into running..I used to love it.

Good Luck!
    :smile:
  • corinnak
    corinnak Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I always suggest the Couch to 5K program for learning to run. It is available for free online. I started with training for a 5K in 2007 and have progressed to the marathon distance as well (26.2 miles)
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have exactly 1 month till my 3rd half marathon. I use the nike+ GPS watchbut you can get the sportband to start off. It's cheaper.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    5k is 3.1 miles

marathon is 26.2

which one are you referring to?

My guess is a 5k.