Drinking Water...

Options
Hey Everyone!

I find it hard to drink plain water, without flavor. I usually drink Propel waters. I tried adding fruit to a pitcher of water, but it didn't taste very well.

How do you drink your water? Any flavoring ideas or water you drink already flavored?

Replies

• kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Add a thin slice of orange, lemon or lime to them. Gives just a hint of flavor.
  • alr106711
    alr106711 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really like MiO.
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Lemon in water and flavored seltzers. I don't like the taste of propel with the fake sugars. But I find it hard to do enough water too.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    It doesn't *have* to be water. Flavour it with what you please - including tea....

I like water, and I drink plenty of it. I suspect it's something that you simply have to persist with if you want to learn to enjoy what is, without question, a very healthy beverage.

I guess my bottom line would be don't add too much cr*p to it, and avoid overdosing on artificial sweeteners.
  • mrsvampette
    mrsvampette Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usedd to get the great value flavor packs from walmart. They don't have any sugar or calories I don't think. But I have been drinking more plain water as I'm trying to get used to it. You could also try crystal light flavor packets. There's so many flavor packets but the two I mentioned are the only ones I have tried.
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I cannot drink water from a glass/cup. but a bottle 8 a day easy some times 10. i also think the trick is to drink other stuff between waters - i have ta, coffee,green tea, hot and cold squashand fresh juice. this helped me when i 1st started -

1 glass/ half bottle of water , earnt me a tea or what ever i wanted
  • empage81
    empage81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It looks like you live in England so you could try the things I do...

like kgb6days mentions try slices of orange, lemon or lime in glass with your water. I also like melon balls. Put quite a few in a jug of water for a few hours. I also have a mint plant on my desk and add that (you dont need to leave that so long as mint is much stronger).

However, I have to admit I am adicted to sugar free low calorie squash/cordial/diluting juice (depends where you are from what you call it). If you are from the US you probobly have never even tasted or heard of this as when I lived there you couldnt buy it.

I tend to use the robinsons or the supermarket own brand no added sugar. http://www.robinsonsdrinks.com/ this is the robinsons website so you can see what the bottle looks like. When you find it in the supermarket all the other makes will be there too. Just make sure you check the bottle as there are a lot of high calorie ones too. The ones I get are about 4 calories per drink. There are lots of flavours and you jsut add a little to a glass and fill up with water.

Hope that is helpful!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I hated drinking water.. something you know you just got to do regardless... I now enjoy it and the more I drink the more my body wants it.. I drink 10 to 12 glasses a day now without even thinking!!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I love water in its natural form......:drinker:
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Like Sandram82, I hated water and would only drink it with Crystal Light (nothing natural about that stuff!) I started thinking about what I was putting into my body with all that artificial sweetener and color, etc. and decided to quit using it, and choke as much water down as I could anyway. It took me a long time but now I drink water just fine, no resistance, and I have at least 2 to 3 litres a day. Give it time (maybe a lot, like me), you'll actually come to like it. :flowerforyou:
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I wish I could love water in its natural form too, I just seem to find it too bland! I think I will try lemon and lime in my glasses of water. I don't drink nearly enough water, so hopefully that will draw me in. I do usually drink green tea daily.
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I can only drink water out of an Evian Bottle. I know that sounds weird but i am very fussy. Otherwise i would have Sugar free Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant squash (blue topped bottle) and if you have relatively weak and only 1 0r 2 glasses a day i don't even log it as i know it's not many calories

:smile:
  • JG1807
    JG1807 Posts: 40
    Options
    I drink my water flavoured with coffee or any juice concentrate