adipex diet pills

Options
has anyone tried these? i know of someone who has & lost weight. however, she has not used them long enough to give me enough info on them. such as, when you stop taking them do you gain back the weight, plus some?

Replies

• bitty_401
    bitty_401 Posts: 75
    Options
    has anyone tried these? i know of someone who has & lost weight. however, she has not used them long enough to give me enough info on them. such as, when you stop taking them do you gain back the weight, plus some?
    Careful my friend.I did used them.Remember they are drugs and may be addictive.I had some problem with them.Even though they are aprescribed drug, check for side effects.I had to quit them because I couldn't sleep at all.You lose weight but you get jumpy and once you quit them you gain two to three times what you lose.
    So careful.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I did and lost weight but as soon as I came off of them I gained what I lost and extra back with a vengence.....the MFP way is much better for your long term success and health.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    There is no magic pill you eventually have to learn to eat and exercise to control your weight, why not start today instead of wasting money on pills that are full of false hope.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yup. Worst diarrhea ever (with a side of oily stool discharge, thank you very much)....
  • nurse7641
    nurse7641 Posts: 23
    Options
    These pills are AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be Careful!!!!!! I have a friend that uses them and o yes, she has lost the weight....but, her doctor won't prescribe them anymore..becaue you are only suppose to take them for 12 weeks (she's been taking them since October 2008)...so now she goes to random doctors to get her scripts....she's ADDICTED!!!!!!

She can't function without the pills, yet she can't sleep with the pills.....she lives off of Adipex, Monster energy drinks, red bull energy drinks and stacker 2 pills.....She is on the fast track to killing herself!!!

I don't recommend these pills to anyone!!!!!! I have seen my best friend become someone I hardly know...and the saddest part is she will tell you "I will be skinny or die trying"......that is terribly sad to me. She has two baby girls..ages 4 and 2 that who knows what will happen to them!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a newbie to this whole weight loss thing, but I am trying to do it with exercise.....I am having trouble changing my diet, but at least I am up and moving now...where I used to just sit and eat all the time. I make time for exercise everyday!!!!
  • cab2424
    cab2424 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My mom used them lost 20 lbs quit and gained 15 back. So not a miracle. I tried them (Dr. Prescribed) and I hate how I feel. I get shakey and irritable, big time. I have taken them when I fell off of the diet wagon. I used them for 2 or 3 days and it helped me get back on track. A pill isn't going to change my lifestyle and that is what I am trying to do learn to make better choices.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    These pills are AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be Careful!!!!!! I have a friend that uses them and o yes, she has lost the weight....but, her doctor won't prescribe them anymore..becaue you are only suppose to take them for 12 weeks (she's been taking them since October 2008)...so now she goes to random doctors to get her scripts....she's ADDICTED!!!!!!

She can't function without the pills, yet she can't sleep with the pills.....she lives off of Adipex, Monster energy drinks, red bull energy drinks and stacker 2 pills.....She is on the fast track to killing herself!!!

I don't recommend these pills to anyone!!!!!! I have seen my best friend become someone I hardly know...and the saddest part is she will tell you "I will be skinny or die trying"......that is terribly sad to me. She has two baby girls..ages 4 and 2 that who knows what will happen to them!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a newbie to this whole weight loss thing, but I am trying to do it with exercise.....I am having trouble changing my diet, but at least I am up and moving now...where I used to just sit and eat all the time. I make time for exercise everyday!!!!

The pills aren't her only problem if she's also drinking all that caffiene and sugar, I see a heart attack in her near future.

I was on these pills also. My doctor prescribed them after I had been trying to lose weight for over six months and getting nowhere. I was on a 1500 calorie diet, walking 3 mph for 45 minutes 7 days a week, working on my eliptical 10-15 minutes every morning, and then getting on the eliptical for 30 minutes every night. Even my doctor thought I should be losing, but I wasn't I was starting to gain weight. She told me that she would only give them to me for 3 months and my blood pressure had to be monitored every month first. They can be addicting, that is why the 3 month limit. Yes there are side effects, just like with any other medicine. Pay attention to them.

They can make you jittery and can affect your sleeping habits, you need to take them early in the morning and melatonin helps with the sleeping. AND you need to excercise!

Now, keep in mind I was already eating right and excercising. The first month I lost 15 lbs, and the second month I lost 10 lbs., and then the blood pressure went a little haywire. My doctor told me that she would not give me another month supply unless my blood pressure went back down......2 months later I was able to get my third month supply.....in the meantime, my hips started hurting so much after I walked that I had to cut down drastically on the excercise. Now this was around Thanksgiving, so I decided to enjoy the holiday food..............big mistake. After January I went back on the pills for the following month.....decided to cut them in half thinking that I would be able to lose weight for 2 months, didn't work, all I did was maintain the weight I was at. All done with the pills, I gained back 10lbs of the 25 lbs that I lost and then leveled out. and then started not watching what I ate and started to gain again. I ended up gaining 5 more lbs. I then decided it was time to get back on track.......2 months later weight was not budging......then my daughter introduced me to this site and I discovered that I needed to be way under 1500 calories, even with excercise.

The pill is not made to change your lifestyle, they are there to support you while YOU change your lifestyle. And again, they are a drug and must be treated as such.

Someone else mentioned diahrea and oily discharge......I think that it's being confused with Alli
  • fspierce
    fspierce Posts: 9
    Options
    I did use these pills. I did lose weight. I actually liked the pills. not bad side effects for me anyway. But as soon as they were gone, I gained some of the weight back. Theeir effectiveness actually wore off after about 3 weeks. You cannot use them lon term, there are effects from long term use. My doctor only gave me a month's supply. In my opinion, they are a good start if you can keep yourself motivated and do healthy eating and exercise after you quit the pills.
  • McLachfan
    McLachfan Posts: 50
    Options
    firewalking... LMAO!!! TMI!!!
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    I agree with what others have said. 20 pounds is not worth the sleepless nights, general twitchiness and dry mouth that go along with these pills. I started counting calories in Jan at 273 and I am down to 241 this morning. Do it right!!
  • raelynn1012
    Options
    I started taking them about 2 months ago. Within days I lost 10 pounds, then in another few days lost another 10. It shedded the weight off me like it was nothing. I am also active so that helps. It started making my heart flutter a lot so I stopped taking them and gained all the weight back in a week. Luckily I never gained more. Once I gained it back I got desperate and started taking the pills again only tried something new and I recommend this!. I would take one everyday for about 5 days-a week then stop taking them for the same amount of time while still watching what I eat and exercising. Then I would repeat that till the pills we're gone. I'm not as jittery as I was originally, I can sleep! and most importantly I haven't been on the pills and have lost 20 pounds and losing still. I think its cuz your body isn't 100% relying on them by taking them everyday and helps the weight loss process by shocking your body every other week by taking them again. I love them!:)
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My friend was on them for several months and lost probably 40 lbs but she quit for other health issues, she ended up gaining everything back plus some. Very good for energy but that's about it