4 Months in - I've lost 40lbs with virtually no exercise!

Options
raven56706
raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
I have already put one of these success stories already but im putting it again because of my milestone of losing 40 lbs.

Background:
I have been on this since September. After my daughter turned 1, i realized that the life i had before wasnt the one i wanted to continue. Now dont get me wrong, i wasnt a fat slob and eating ridiculous Paula deens receipes... but i didnt want to be fat anymore. I know the hardships that come with it and i knew i needed a change. Then the real reality hit and i went for a sleep study. They said i had mild sleep apnea. While i dont trust it because the sleep study was one of the worst experiences of my life(i just wasnt comfortable sleeping so i knew i would have it) i didnt want to chance it and i definitely wanted to make the change. My daughter and wife need me for the rest of their lives.. i wanted to be there. So... Starting weight was 232.4

Diet:
Working in the city is a pain in the *kitten*. its an hour commute and it sucks but its the job so i deal with it. At work the diet was just following the basics... go with limits im given ... the first week sucked but after that, i was used to it. I love this. No restrictions but to the limits of ingrediants. I discovered foods i never did before like Chicken burgers (Freaking yummy) and weight control Oatmeal(tastes like freaking pancakes)... i wish i could work out but from work it becomes that i cant see my daughter so i just did this straight diet and no exercise.

Results:
So far i have lost 40lbs and its showing. I have been having compliments left and right. Of course its weird to hear that im a new person because i can only imagine how big i was before.This has been an experience and a half... also im happy to say that im even sleeping much much better than before. Im getting much better sleep and feeling much better health wise.

Future:
While im still 20 lbs away from my goal, i will continue to push forward and not stopping. People have told me that i should stop because i look great now. Hell no... im not stopping til i reach my goal. I can do this. From now until March 17 i will continue with the diet and then up my calories because then i will have a personal trainer kick my *kitten*.

Moral to the story to all new comers that need convincing:
Im a career dieter. I mean i have tried them all. But this one is the best one. You have to be disciplined and do research to a better you. This all includes work but without pain there is no gain. You can do this. If i can do this anyone can.. you just have to want it. All you need is the will to reach it and you can. Its an old cliche but its the truth. You cant let food control your life, you have to control it.

Add me as a friend if you need motivation... i welcome anyone...

Replies

• atray87
    atray87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!! You are so inspiring!
  • jaisaansmommy
    Options
    Great job! I am hoping to lose 60 pounds by the summer. Keep up the good work.
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Great job! 40 pounds in 4 months is amazing!
  • buckobuckobucko
    Options
    Good job! I am doing it the same way. No time for exercise so I control calories and go from there.
  • raven56706
    Options
    thanks peeps... wish i worked out or had the time because who knows, maybe i would have reached my goal faster.. but this isnt ending and i will keep going
  • KimBee45
    Options
    Wow, congratulations! It sure is good to know that calories alone can make such a difference for those who can't workout much. Keep up the great work, and good luck with completing your goal!
  • raven56706
    Options
    and thats just the thing... if you dont have the time for exercise, then just do the diet.. there is no excuse... you have the options and the tools
  • AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

So calories in calorie out eh? I am looking to lose another 30 by April (okay okay... 20 but 30 would be great).
    I am exercising and plan to eat within my calorie limit. Hopefully I will have a success story come spring time. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • raven56706
    Options
    yep... and to anyone that has the time... incorporate the exercise, it speeds up the loss...
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Raven,

Wow congrats. I have been on since Sept and only lost 11lb.

May I ask if it's not rude, what weight were you before and what now?

Think my diet was pretty healthy before so I haven't dropped too many cals. Haven't been able to consistently train much in the last few months and I personally really need to work out to lose anything.

Thx
  • a1kolibas
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! you are awesome keep going!!!!!
  • raven56706
    Options
    Raven,

Think my diet was pretty healthy before so I haven't dropped too many cals. Haven't been able to consistently train much in the last few months and I personally really need to work out to lose anything.

Thx

Starting weight : 232.2
    Current Weight: 192.2
    Goal Weight: 179
  • btdublin
    btdublin Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Raven,

Thx

Starting weight : 232.2
    Current Weight: 192.2
    Goal Weight: 179

Wow so you were exactly the same as me. I started at 230lbs, now down to 222lbs but has been very slow. I am stepping up my training now but I can't seem to do it with dieting alone.
  • raven56706
    Options
    yes and as you shouldnt. i have always preached to others. If you have the time to workout, do it... its in your benefit.

Exercise and diet is the best thing but Diet is at least 70%
  • pagratios2
    pagratios2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    congrats , great work , i also have lost 40 lbs from the beggining of last summer but from mid september i started working out and in the last 15 days or so i work my butt out and it shows , i already have better endurance and i can have cardiovascular excercise in medium intensity with no trouble at all . The gym has changed my life for the better. I recomend it to anyone who tries to lose excess weight.

best regards
  • gailashton
    Options
    Good for you and congrats. 40 pounds is amazing. I hope that you can find the time to get some exercise in as it's good for the body & the mind. You are well on your way my friend!
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! I'm hoping to lose 40 by April. You are inspirational! I'd love to add you as a friend for motivation and support.
  • ashlie30
    Options
    Congratulations! I am new here, so it's great to read inspiring stories! I don't have access to a gym, so I am trying to find creative ways around the house to excersize. I do 1 minute long sprints up and down my stairs, and squats, jogging in place while watching TV, that sort of thing. I know it's not as effective as a great cardio/strength workout, so its great to hear these stories. Keep it up, you can do it!!!
  • allysonlee9
    allysonlee9 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I was so interested in your sucess story I wanted to see your food diary to see if i could get any new ideas. Noticed we had the same thing for breakfast. So have a good day! (I ran out of almond milk so I had to have skim today, but back to almond when i go to the store later)
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration to us all. I hope to lose 48# by july
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!